Elimination of Free Internet Service for Howard

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Neigh, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

There was a notice this morning that free internet service will be eliminated in March. It says that if you renew your contract before that date you will get free service for that period. I have a one-year contract for one radio that was just renewed until January 2010. I have a two year contract for another radio that expires in 2010. Anyone know if I get free internet until the expiration of those contracts or do I have to extend them now?

2. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

3. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

You should still be able to get the free net stream until the contracts expire on each radio.

4. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

OK Thanks

5. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Internet service?

6. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Why is it that every Sirius-wide problem becomes a Howard specific problem? Channel merge sucks? It's a Howard problem. Stock is crashing? A Howard problem. You aren't losing "Internet Service for Howard", you are losing ALL internet streaming, for ALL of Sirius' channels. There are only about 12 other threads on this subject in other forums, is it too much to ask for people to branch out of their little Howard-centric world and discuss things where they are on-topic?

7. k9feces

k9feces Member

Howard is the only thing worth paying for on Sirius

8. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Yeah, I was wondering about the "Howard" part of the thread title, myself.

I disagree with you, k9feces. But then again, that's no surprise... :rolleyes:

9. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

+1

---------------------------------------------------

10. Elwood

Elwood Member

There are other channels on Sirius?

11. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Some Revolution... :shifty:

:rofl:

12. k9feces

k9feces Member

This Merger is really saving the consumers money.

13. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

lol!

------------------------

14. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

Sort of. My radio flipped out and kept "updating" when the "Best Of XM" debated and now it's isn't working....so I'm definately not going to get a new sub. They sent me a free radio but I told them it sucked and I will just send it back. They said it was a gift and I had no obligation to subscribe. It would in fact cost me the shipping to send it back! Also, people are unsubscribing for various reasons (often their secondary subs, though). So, yeah, saving money!

15. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Did the Best of XM debate the Best of Sirius? Who won the debate?

16. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Well, technically people who don't fork out the extra $2.99 or what ever it is to pay for something they already got for free will be saving that money.:p
    I on the other hand will be spending the extra for internet access when that happens because I have no choice. :idunno: It's the only way I can listen at work.

17. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Me too. ... even though I have two radios.