Eli Manning - best player in the NFL...

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It's amazing how that one Super Bowl changed so much regarding Eli. Weren't they ready to run him out of town before that season?

He's a good QB, but he's very fortunate to be the highest paid in the NFL.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Uh oh...I smell a career ending injury.

Seriously...he's an excellent QB. But over $16 million a year?!?!? I guess the Giants can't afford to let him go to another team. He's a talented guy, and will end up among the all time Giants (maybe NFL) greats...especially if he wins another Super Bowl. If he keeps winning, he's worth it, right?

Before the Super Bowl win, there definitely a call to run him out of town. In all fairness, he probably did not get a fair shake by some of the fans.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
He's far from the best player in the league. The only question that matters is what's he worth to the Giants? Where else are they going to find an above-average QB who has won a Super Bowl and keeps his nose clean (see: Plaxico Burress)? It's a wise investment for the Giants.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's a wise investment for the Giants.

I agree. He's not the best QB, but the Giants have found someone they're comfortable with and who's a pretty good player. Might as well lock him up.

He's proven he can handle the New York pressure in the past, but I wonder if he'll feel it even more now with that huge contract. It's going to be tough for him next season too. His receiving group is probably in the lower quarter in the NFL. No more Plaxico, no more Amani Toomer. Kevin Boss is decent, but he's no Anthony Gonzalez or Jason Witten. Who will be his go-to receiver? Steve Smith? (not the Carolina Panther Steve Smith)

I do think Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Baren will fit in nicely though...but they are rookies.

Barden is HUGE.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
It's amazing how that one Super Bowl changed so much regarding Eli. Weren't they ready to run him out of town before that season?

Sure was....him AND the coach. They said he couldn't get them to the playoffs. They wanted to switch QB's mid-season.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I guess he was celebrating that contract.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
His is the third best in the NFL East, I would take McNabb or Romo ahead of him.

That depends on the proximity of Jessica Simpson. If Simpson is close, I would steer clear of Romo.

How many SuperBowls has Romo been in? McNabb and Eli both have been in 1 (with different results).

Of course with Romo being where he is, let's hope he retains his current count.