Eddie Van Halen Tribute Channel!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Deep Tracks. Channel 27.

Now until...??

In honor of the late rock icon, SiriusXM’s Deep Tracks (Ch. 27) has become The Van Halen Tribute Channel, a special limited-run channel featuring Van Halen’s greatest hits, as well as remembrances from hosts and artists. Listeners can also hear Van Halen music and exclusive tributes on SiriusXM’s Classic Rewind (Ch. 25), Classic Vinyl (Ch. 26), Ozzy’s Boneyard (Ch. 38), Hair Nation (Ch. 39), VOLUME (Ch. 106), ’70s on 7 (Ch. 7), ’80s on 8 (Ch. 8), ’90s on 9 (Ch. 9), Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio (Ch. 310), SiriusXM Comes Alive! (Ch. 316).

The 2006 interview with Howard Stern is also on the app somewhere.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was a huge Van Halen fan in early 80s. First song I heard was Dance the Night Away. Not a huge fan of Van Hagar. Over the years due to heavy overplay on Classic Rewind, I have become less of a fan. Still like some of their songs (7 to be exact).

I have been hearing for years about potential Van Halen reunion. I conclude that given his cancer that was all bull crap.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
My brothers had their first couple of albums on vinyl when they came out. They were played enough I didn't have to snitch them to listen to them while my brothers weren’t home.

I have been hearing for years about potential Van Halen reunion. I conclude that given his cancer that was all bull crap.
I had tickets to see them on that tour. The show got canceled, which I expected to happen when I got the tickets.
I don’t know if the booze had anything to do with it, but I think the fact that they couldn’t get along off stage may have been the bigger problem with the tour.

At least I got to see them once.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
When did channel 27 dis-continue this tribute? I saw the guest DJ's on Demand and they are now gone. I did not get a chance to listen to those. Boooo

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
When did channel 27 dis-continue this tribute? I saw the guest DJ's on Demand and they are now gone. I did not get a chance to listen to those. Boooo
I turned it on Monday on the way to work and Deep Tracks was back. If the celeb tributes were anything like Patton Oswalt's then you probably didn't miss much.

Reactions: goreds2