Eastbound and Down

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
New HBO show that is produced by Will Farrel and stars Danny McBride (RED from Pineapple Express). Sunday's at 10.30pm.

I caught the first episode last Sunday and thought this was the funniest show HBO has done in a long time. Danny McBride is hilarious!

Anybody watch this? here is a preview:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyvS-sbWzo]YouTube - Eastbound & Down - Opening Scene HBO series[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
We're three episodes into this show and there are only 3 left to go.

I hope you people are watching this because this is the funniest show on TV. Danny McBride is a genious and Kenny Powers is such a fantastic character.

Every episode is laugh out loud funny and the entire cast is perfect.

I strongly recommend that everyone watches this show. On HBO's sunday at 10.30pm.

I am dying to talk about it with somebody.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I am dying to talk about it with somebody.

Ok. I'll bite... Who is the inspiration behind Kenny Powers? John Rocker is the first guy that I could think of. The big fastball, world series appearance, redneck look and attitude, anti-gay comments in NYC, rumors of past steriod use. His stint in Cleveland was a last try with the slower fastball with less movement. Faded away after that. Wonder if he makes car dealer appearances these days.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Ok. I'll bite... Who is the inspiration behind Kenny Powers? John Rocker is the first guy that I could think of. The big fastball, world series appearance, redneck look and attitude, anti-gay comments in NYC, rumors of past steriod use. His stint in Cleveland was a last try with the slower fastball with less movement. Faded away after that. Wonder if he makes car dealer appearances these days.

I wathced the hbo behind the scenes peice and Danny Mcbride said that Kenny Powers is basically a combination of all of baseball's problems and attitudes and not just John rocker.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I love this show. I watch it on demand and still need to see ep 3. This show is almost done like a movie. Its defiantly in my top 5 shows right now.

You're Fuckin' out, I'm Fuckin' in!!!!!

Episode 3 is just as priceless as the first two.

I would pay $50 to get a copy of his audio book. Some of My favorite quotes from his audio book is:

Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F@#%. So that is why I'm better than everyone in the world. Kiss my @ss and suck my D!@K - Everyone!"

"...a lot of people ask me "Kenny Powers, you're a giant star - you can get any woman - have you ever paid for sex?" And the answer is YES I HAVE - several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything, and sometimes even just kinda do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument."

"You wanna know about relationships? I know all there is to know. Just ask my second wife Tina. Yeah, she was a stripper. And if Montel Williams wants to talk s#!t some more then he can go f@#% himself, 'cause those charges were DROPPED."

"Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is I'm not. I honestly just feel that America's the best country and all the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism."

"If there's one thing I hate, it's losin'... If there's two things I hate, it's losin' and getting cancer."

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'll probably watch the third episode tonight. Is there really only 6 episodes for this season?

Yes. Only 6 episodes to the season.

Each episode starts directly after the first one ended so really this is like one 3 hour long movie.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I watched the first 2 episodes and just can't get into it. If the guy had some redeeming qualities floating around someplace, I might be able to feel sorry enough for him to call him an underdog, but I don't see any of it.

He reminds me exactly of my old drummer. What an A-hole that guy was.

And HBO series are way too short. Once you start to get into a show, it's wrapping up and you have to wait for a year and a half for the next season to start.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I watched the first 2 episodes and just can't get into it. If the guy had some redeeming qualities floating around someplace, I might be able to feel sorry enough for him to call him an underdog, but I don't see any of it.

He reminds me exactly of my old drummer. What an A-hole that guy was.

I like the fact that Kenny Powers has no real redeeming qualities and despite being washed up and out of the "Major's" he still has such delusions of granduer and importance. I don't remember a show that had such an "unlikeable" character be totally likeable.
And HBO series are way too short. Once you start to get into a show, it's wrapping up and you have to wait for a year and a half for the next season to start.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
"even though youre mexican you seem pretty fuckin normal"

hahah what a great show, that had me balling. so happy its finally back!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
kenny talking... "hey kenny, ur from america, you probably have a printer, you coulda gone online and printed that bitch."

when he was passing around his rookie card to the mexican team. hahahahahah.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
kenny talking... "hey kenny, ur from america, you probably have a printer, you coulda gone online and printed that bitch."

when he was passing around his rookie card to the mexican team. hahahahahah.

WOW--so glad this thread was brought back so I didn't have to go through how awesome this show is again.

I thought the beginning of last nights episode was sort of slow but it had to be. They had to catch you up on Kenny's last few months. But the second half was PRICELESS KENNY POWERS.

His speech to the baseball team at the end was unreal. I love how everytime he hits rock bottom and has a real soulsearching moment and realizes what he has to do, he comes back an even bigger dick than before. Telling the Charros that "he has returned like the Christ figure everyone personified him as."

Also, how great was the 2 seconds we got to see Stevie Janowski? Working at Starbucks just being a depressed a-hole!!?!?!?!!!

"If this were America you'd have a radar gun and it would say ONE OH ONE."

"When is the next game? Friday? I'll see you fuckers then." It never occured to him to stick around for practice. He just bolts out on his bike.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
hahahah

im only like 2 mins in and lovin it.

kenny talks about teams that he hated playing for and he says...

"seattle can tounge kiss my shithole."

hahahah

i love this show!!!
:bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Last nights episode rocked.

Anytime Stevie Janowski is on screen with Kenny you're guaranteed PURE GOLD.

Great episode last night.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
sorry for all the cursing in a non XL forum...

anyways....

"theres no i in team, but there is a u in cunt."

hahaha

who thinks these lines up? the writers are genius!!!