Eastbound and Down--Season Three Discussion

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Vargas, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Kenny Powers was back in a BIG way last night with the premier of Eastbound and Down on HBO--sundays at 10pm.

Could last night have been any funnier? Jason Sudekis as Kenny's right hand man Shane is perfect.

Kenny was on FIRE last night.
  2. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

TiVo'd it but haven't watched yet. Can't wait!
  3. TSSMario

TSSMario New Member

Honestly my GF and I were getting kinda worried that the writers were just throwing in the towel. In the first 10-15 minutes, I thought everything seemed really rushed and shoehorned and we weren't laughing much. After all the buildup over the last two seasons, it seemed like Kenny didn't really give a shit about April anymore, let alone his kid. He started to become a dude you couldn't like.

The last half picked up though. By the time April showed up in Myrtle, and the boat party started I couldn't stop laughing. Good stuff. cant wait for this Sunday.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  4. TSSMario

TSSMario New Member

Imho, this show has jumped the shark. Episode two didnt even seem like Eastbound and Down.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I may have to tune in again then.
    I swear that Kenny was based on my old drummer. So much so that I wanted to punch the TV as much as I wanted to punch my old drummer. If I hadn't lived it, I'd probably have loved the show.
  6. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Are you insanse? Kenny Powers running around tryign to find April to give his kid back, only to realize he needs Stevie Janowski who is currently dressed as a Geisha at Ashley Shaeffers house during a dinner party with the high ups from KIA?

That was a perfect episode to me with about 5000 quoteable lines!

"why are you wearing FUBU--that is for them by them--you're assimilating weird and you look like some sort of fuckin' Mexican Grimace"

"you join a long line of people like Moses, or the baby from Willow"

"sorry I don't know how to wrap him in a papoose and balance him on my goddamn head in a basket like you're people do"
  7. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Nother winner last night. Kenny with the Trident had me dying. Kenny trying to intimidate the russian? Even better.

The whole Stevie montage when they were redoing the "dojo" was fantastic too.

Again, so quoteable. Sad that this is the last season.
  8. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

its the last season?
  9. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I beieve so. I had read in a few places that this is the last year for Kenny Powers. Guess each season is an act and this one is the 3rd act.

Will Kenny Powers get redemption? I doubt it--but it is so fun to watch.