Earnhardt to run the Indy 500???

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Jr. says that he'd like to run in the Indy 500 some day. :rolleyes: OK, I'm an Earnhardt fan but come on, really. :scratch: I can't see this happening, especially with zero experience. Oh wait, he did get a 10-minute driving lesson from former 500 winner Dan Wheldon. Basically, the only thing holding him back in the conflicting times of the two races on that day. I do think that the IRL would consider changing the time though in order to get an Earnhardt in that race. I'm not saying that he'd amount to anything or even finish the race but it would be a rating boom for the IRL.

Here's the story from the AP.....

#88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. says he would jump at the chance to drive in the Indianapolis 500 if there were not a conflicting NASCAR race on the same day. Rain washed out his plans for a ride in a two-seat Indy car on Thursday. Instead, he strapped himself behind the wheel and received a 10-minute driving lesson from former 500 winner Dan Wheldon. Earnhardt said he "picked his brains as hard as I could." And he said driving at Indianapolis "definitely interests me," though he has NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte, N.C., on the same day. However, he said he and many other NASCAR drivers would try Indy if the schedules could be resolved.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAhJXkErM8]YouTube - Jack Ass Guys With A Golf Cart..And Someone Got Hurt..Do Not[/ame]

Around the 1:20 minute, someone goes flying off the top of the golf cart :p

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Jimmie Johnson has said the same thing, but that after seeing some of the crashes, Shandi told him he couldn't.

I don't blame her.. No way would I want my Husband racing in Indy Open Wheel... No sorry I Love my husband too much. Not saying those out there already don't...

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Can you imagine the ratings and crowd at the Indy 500 with Stewart, Gordon, Gordon, Johnson and Jr racing in it???:p Shoot...wanna revive the other IRL races???? Just have one or two of these guys race in it each week....it'll boost the interest in the series quick...just like it's made Nationwide the number 2 ranked motor sport in the U.S

Reactions: dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Can you imagine the ratings and crowd at the Indy 500 with Stewart, Gordon, Gordon, Johnson and Jr racing in it???:p Shoot...wanna revive the other IRL races???? Just have one or two of these guys race in it each week....it'll boost the interest in the series quick...just like it's made Nationwide the number 2 ranked motor sport in the U.S

Back err down there BobSki. ;) That last statement of yours is going to open up a whole new can of worms. LOL