DVR Alert - "Together: The Hendrick Motorsports Story"

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
A little tip for you DirecTV subscribers. If you decide that you would like to get a DVR, check your online account first. If you are a long time subscriber, you may have some free upgrades available to you. I had four receivers in my house that included one HD DVR. I just upgraded two of the other receivers to HD and added another HD receiver for free. Keep in mind though that DirecTV considers the first DVR to be equal to two receivers therefore they'll charge you an extra receiver fee for that unit. I don't know about Dish Network.

To tie this back into NASCAR..... A DVR will give you your Sunday life back so that you won't be tied to your TV for the afternoon.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
A DVR will give you your Sunday life back so that you won't be tied to your TV for the afternoon.

So will a Sirius subscription!

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Thanks for the info...I just happen to be home that weekend. Enjoyed Claire B's show lastnight...great interviews...even Mrs. Hendrick. Can't wait to watch.:churn:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I heard that too. There were many good interviews in that segment. I wish they were going to play the version of this that she was talking about but due to time restraints, this will be an edited version for television.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Your welcome. Hubby and I just ordered it from Amazon. I went to order it from the above link and to ship to Canada was $30 and Amazon was only $5 and cheaper for the DVD as well... Might want to check out Amazon too.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm not a huge enough Hendrick fan to purchase this DVD but I will burn one from my DVR after recording it. I am interested in hearing/seeing this story. Like what was mentioned earlier, CBL had some interviews with people that watched the screening of this the other night. DW's question of 'What would have become of the Hendrick organization had Rick been on that plane that day?' really hit home.

Back in 2004, my wife, kids and I were @ Martinsville for the race when that plane crashed. We didn't know anything about the crash until just after the race that day. After Jimmie won, Chad came over the radio and asked Jimmie to pull his car down onto pit road. We also noticed that they had Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte & Brian Vickers stop their cars on pit road which was unusual as none of them were in the top 5 that day. The tractor that pulls out the temporary stage for victory lane was pulled away from the start/finish line and everything came to an abrupt halt. No celebrating of the victory. This left most of us in the stands very confused at first. Someone close by told us to tune our scanners into the television feed as there was an announcement being made that a Hendrick plane had crashed and was missing. That was when we first heard anything about it. Once we made our way back out to our truck, we turned on CBL for the post race, 'on XM then'. She was filling in everyone on what happened. I'm pretty sure that was the point that we started to hear who was on the plane. We were camping about 20 miles NW of the track. The next morning when we were heading home there were NTSB vehicles parked along our route away from the campground. I think that they were interviewing people around the area as to what they heard the morning before. It was a very sad weekend. Don't ever take things for granted. You never know what the next day will bring.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I'm not a huge enough Hendrick fan to purchase this DVD but I will burn one from my DVR after recording it. I am interested in hearing/seeing this story. Like what was mentioned earlier, CBL had some interviews with people that watched the screening of this the other night. DW's question of 'What would have become of the Hendrick organization had Rick been on that plane that day?' really hit home.

Back in 2004, my wife, kids and I were @ Martinsville for the race when that plane crashed. We didn't know anything about the crash until just after the race that day. After Jimmie won, Chad came over the radio and asked Jimmie to pull his car down onto pit road. We also noticed that they had Jeff Gordon, Terry Labonte & Brian Vickers stop their cars on pit road which was unusual as none of them were in the top 5 that day. The tractor that pulls out the temporary stage for victory lane was pulled away from the start/finish line and everything came to an abrupt halt. No celebrating of the victory. This left most of us in the stands very confused at first. Someone close by told us to tune our scanners into the television feed as there was an announcement being made that a Hendrick plane had crashed and was missing. That was when we first heard anything about it. Once we made our way back out to our truck, we turned on CBL for the post race, 'on XM then'. She was filling in everyone on what happened. I'm pretty sure that was the point that we started to hear who was on the plane. We were camping about 20 miles NW of the track. The next morning when we were heading home there were NTSB vehicles parked along our route away from the campground. I think that they were interviewing people around the area as to what they heard the morning before. It was a very sad weekend. Don't ever take things for granted. You never know what the next day will bring.

Wow, that is so sad.. I am a huge Hendrick fan and that is why I have to get the DVD plus the televised version of this film is not the whole thing, they are only airing 60 minutes which will have commercials in it I believe and The actual film is 99 minutes in length so they leave alot out of it....

Very excited about getting it when we do get it..:bigthumbup:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
She always gets to it. It comes right after she tells you what she is going to ask them and what they are going to say. LOL

Reactions: Snoozer