Duke Nukem Forever R.I.P.???

secrecyguy

Oct 15, 2008
Southern California
www.youtube.com
I am glad to hear that they finally going to get the game out but guess what?

I found out 3DRealms went out of business and shut their doors.

But yet, I heard there's going to be a upcoming contest for Duke Nukem impersonator.

How I know that? They were looking for people to do fake audition videos to promote their contest.

So what's the story?

If this really is true than I am wondering what was the upcoming contest all about? Or maybe it have no connection to the game?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
"With the subsequent shutting down of 3D Realms in May 2009, production on Duke Nukem Forever has been halted. Although Take-Two Interactive still owns the publishing rights to the game, they do not have an agreement with 3D Realms to provide funding for the game's continued development."

(fingers crossed for a leaked build)

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE3KdcTgrno]YouTube - Ventrilo Harassment - Duke Nukem Style[/ame]

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
The game was probably never coming out anyway, but it is sad to see after nearly 15 years in development, its not going to see the light of day.

Here is a some video footage of its progress from gametrailers.
[ame]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/316675.html[/ame]

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Maybe DRC could run a betting pool on which will be out first, this or the SiriusXM iPhone app. :whistle:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
those 'in the making' type videos are really cool. i like seeing a look behind the scenes of the production.

13 years in the making. :jj: This game better hit a home run.

it seems like it could do nothing but disappoint with 13 years of hype. its gonna have to be better than ocarina of time or mario 3.

Can't wait to finally not buy this game...

hahah. come on it seems like it will be fun. who dosnt want to kick some aline ass on the field of a football stadium?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
hahah. come on it seems like it will be fun. who dosnt want to kick some aline ass on the field of a football stadium?
How have we come so far in gaming and not already have done this? :jj:

When this comes out, and is available for purchase in the same stores as Chinese Democracy, hell will then proceed to freeze over. :D

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
They're going to rename it: Duke Nuke'em: Chinese Democracy. :rofl2:

I used to play the original years ago. It was groundbreaking and fun.

Tristan

Oct 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.tristanpipo.com
I got to play the game at PAX. Had to wait in line for almost 2hrs. The game is looking really awesome. You started off at a urinal and then see some marines and you go into a giant stadium and fight an alien. Some things still need some work. Like zoom didn't work as expected in the build we got to play.

I have seen talk for Holiday's 2010 but I doubt we will see it this year. Most likely 2011. It was cool to meet Jon Saint John. He seemed super excited about the game as well. Kinda cool how the voice of Duke looks like Duke.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I got to play the game at PAX. Had to wait in line for almost 2hrs. The game is looking really awesome. You started off at a urinal and then see some marines and you go into a giant stadium and fight an alien. Some things still need some work. Like zoom didn't work as expected in the build we got to play.

I have seen talk for Holiday's 2010 but I doubt we will see it this year. Most likely 2011. It was cool to meet Jon Saint John. He seemed super excited about the game as well. Kinda cool how the voice of Duke looks like Duke.
Huh. Looks like you should always bet on Duke after all. :jj: