Dubai Insanity!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
This is CRAZY!
[ame=http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2009/10/18/eok.grant.dubai.tallest.cnn]Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com[/ame]

Don't get me wrong, I'd go bat shit crazy is someone hired me to build something like this, but damn. This is crazy.

For a little more perspective. . . .

World's Tallest Structure | DUBAI | Burj Dubai | 818m | 2683ft | 162 fl | T/O - SkyscraperCity

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Fun! I wonder if these guys are going back when its done?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na87YLICquc]YouTube - Salto BASE desde la torre Burj Dubai[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pGp1LX8yZY]YouTube - Two Guys Jumped Off the Burj Dubai and Lived to Tell About It[/ame]

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I always checkout SkyScraper City and SkyScraper Forum. Dubai is insane. But the bubble already burst there. I remember reading about what happens to people in debt too. I think they put you in jail.

Just can't wait until Freedom Tower is built. And hopefully the Chicago Spire in Chicago which would be 150 Stories and 2000 feet.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, the bubble did burst for sure. There are a number of cool buildings on hold there. I forgot to add skyscraper city to my list of forums. I never post, just read.

I was soon hummed when the Chicago Spire went on hold. I was hoping to see it under construction. It'll be cool when they do finish it. I was a little let down by Aqua,and think Trump FINALLY built a good one. That's pretty empty now too unfortunately.
Posted via Mobile Device

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Yeah, the bubble did burst for sure. There are a number of cool buildings on hold there. I forgot to add skyscraper city to my list of forums. I never post, just read.

I was soon hummed when the Chicago Spire went on hold. I was hoping to see it under construction. It'll be cool when they do finish it. I was a little let down by Aqua,and think Trump FINALLY built a good one. That's pretty empty now too unfortunately.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's so cool that others go there on that forum as well. The Spire kinda did start contstruction but it just went down and built the foundation but never got up to floor 1. Just -14 lol.

Waterview is another Chicago one that got stopped. Supposed to go to 89 or 90 floors but got up to around 30 and project went bust. Hope the economy rebounds and it rises again.

Nashville has one of the coolest tallest towers being built I think.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

That's freaking mental. I did the skydive thing twice, out of a plane, static line, not tandem. That's something I've crossed off my list and don't really see the need to revisit again. Funny thing is, the first add that popped up on the youtube vid was for Skydive Tecumseh, where I jumped. (Are those adds generated off of cookies?)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
P.S. I love this site: SkyscraperPage.com

I've been to that one a few times. They have the new U2 tower (also on hold).
It's pretty pretentious. In a city where nothing is taller than like 5 or 6 floors WHAM! ! ! ! ! There's U2 in their 30 story 120m tall tower. At the top, there is an egg shaped pod that will hold their recording studio, high above the little people.

Aside from that, it's a cool building.

Last edited:

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
That's freaking mental. I did the skydive thing twice, out of a plane, static line, not tandem. That's something I've crossed off my list and don't really see the need to revisit again. Funny thing is, the first add that popped up on the youtube vid was for Skydive Tecumseh, where I jumped. (Are those adds generated off of cookies?)

Uh, what are ads?

Adblock Plus: Save your time and traffic

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've been to that one a few times. They have the new U2 tower (also on hold).
It's pretty pretentious. In a city where nothing is taller than like 5 or 6 floors WHAM! ! ! ! ! There's U2 in their 30 story 120m tall tower. At the top, there is an egg shaped pod that will hold their recording studio, high above the little people.

Aside from that, it's a cool building.

Bono Is Crap - Clips - South Park Studios

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That's so cool that others go there on that forum as well. The Spire kinda did start contstruction but it just went down and built the foundation but never got up to floor 1. Just -14 lol.

Waterview is another Chicago one that got stopped. Supposed to go to 89 or 90 floors but got up to around 30 and project went bust. Hope the economy rebounds and it rises again.

Nashville has one of the coolest tallest towers being built I think.

Waterview! That's what was missing! Last time I was in town, they were up to the 4th or 5th floor with the concrete work. I hope that one comes back to life too.

Nashville. Talking about the Batman Tower?