DTV transition

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I'm ready.

However, there's a situation between my provider (Dish Network) and my local CBS station, WWMT-3. For some reason, they currently are not carrying WWMT's HD signal. I also have an indoor antenna hooked up, and I do not get WWMT's signal since it sucks. However, with the flip occurring later this morning, I hope I can get their signal.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I hear you. Supposedly there are still 2.2 million people that are not ready for it. They literaly must be living in caves, or rocks. One of my local channels, has had a countdown on its website, news segments about it, special programs about it, and at times, a scroll across the screen. :rolleyes:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Let's see if the world wakes up tomorrow and we are all still here. God forbid a few people have not heard the 50 million messages that have run over the last few years and can't watch their beloved TVs tomorrow. From the way some media is handling it, you'd think we were in for some big disaster. It's TV.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
It going to be a sad day for those in fringe areas.

We should have only done this switch if it increased or at least had the same coverage footprint as before.

Glad its over with tho.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Apparantly 2.2 million weren't ready for DTV... Which means there's 2.2 million who either live in a cave or crap in their pants & have a TV...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
They should have done this 20yrs ago :worried:

Now I have to go out and buy a converter :shock:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Ready since last year with the HDTV, and we have Dish Network who pretty much did it for us on the locals. We also have an antenna and I checked all the signals and they all work. A few analog signals weren't turned off yet.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i was ready for the transition. we have satellite in the house, but my room doesn't have a reciever, so i have to use ota. on january 1 i had 11/10 channels (one channel has it's broadcast tower far enough away that to cover the louisville metro area they have a repeater tower, thus the count). on june 12 i went from that to 4. and two of them come in some of the time, one worse than the other. and i live in a city of license, supposedly where the signals are the strongest. 11 channels to 4 at best. the transition was a great idea on paper, but executed probably in the most incompetantly possible way. and what is worse is that the fcc isn't going to allow stations to up the power. so that means that people who did NOTHING wrong and did EVERYTHING right are either going to have to purchase an expensive outdoor antenna when rabbit ears were fine, or purchase a satellite receiver or subscribe to cable.

horriffic execution all the way around.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
and no matter what I do my tv-capable clock radio (well, FORMERLY tv-capable...) is now just a regular clock radio. sucks! and all so that the FCC could sell the spectrum for billions of dollars. nice...

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
No reception in my area (even with a 35' outdoor antenna). I tried 3 indoor antennas and two boxes, as well as the outdoor antenna, and I couldn't get reception (I'm trying to help out my elderly neighbor). I was talking to people, while returning the stuff, and all 9 (yes, 9 were returning their stuff) said that they had the same results. Between the 10 of us we had all of the city covered and none of us got reception.

The DTV is WONDERFUL! :bs:

So, instead, I'm putting my new trencher to work and I'll be letting her use my cable. I have a cable person in my family so he's giving me all of the conduit I need.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've set up 2 OTA DTVs here in Houston. Both received all the local channels over simple rabbit ears. The HD looked great, and the SD subchannels looked decent. All I can figure is you folks with trouble didn't bother to live someplace as flat as a pool table.