Drunken Negro Face Cookies

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Amazing. Howard discussed it this morning - UPDATE: "Drunken Negro Face" Cookies On Sale at Greenwich Village Bakery - Gothamist: New York City News, Food, Arts & Events

012309cookie.jpg

Last edited:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Well..

I THOUGHT that would be a GREAT bakery, but after seeing that, it looks like something that I'd see in SAW 7. :eek:

No thanks, I'll pass.

:rolleyes:

Here you guys... eat this "cookie"!

:p

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Gary is totally right. It is ten times worse than what I thought! Holy shit!

The one woman in the tape made the best point (and Howard repeated it). It's a fucking recession and let's face it, fresh baked goods are a luxury when you can buy perfectly good bread and cookies at a grocery store (fresh or not) for less!

What a piece of work!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Gary is totally right. It is ten times worse than what I thought! Holy shit!

The one woman in the tape made the best point (and Howard repeated it). It's a fucking recession and let's face it, fresh baked goods are a luxury when you can buy perfectly good bread and cookies at a grocery store (fresh or not) for less!

What a piece of work!

saw the article already. cookies are totally racist. no question about that. and the owner is lying when he said he didn't mean it to be racial. I wouldn't patronize that business if it was in my neighborhood.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
You've got to love the owner, "They're called drunken negro face cookies...what's wrong with that? It's a fun face."

Gee....where to start?

Last edited:

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Why not name the thing the "Chocolate Face"? It's factually true, and you have a Borat implied reference there as well.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I heard the piece, and never heard such a lame attempt at backpedaling in my life.

In a related note...when the "Shame on You" reporter Arnold Diaz comes at you with a microphone, it's usually best to run the other way (anyone in the NY area knows what I mean!!)

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Why not name the thing the "Chocolate Face"? It's factually true, and you have a Borat implied reference there as well.

I don't think this guy is that cleaver. I mean, the anger from his whole speech...it was crazy! Very disturbed!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I heard the piece, and never heard such a lame attempt at backpedaling in my life.

In a related note...when the "Shame on You" reporter Arnold Diaz comes at you with a microphone, it's usually best to run the other way (anyone in the NY area knows what I mean!!)

Same in Detroit. I believe it is called "Hall of Shame" here. The Channel 7/ABC version, "The Investigators" has(or had) this excellent but super obese guy who was in a documentary that I saw before. Steve Wilson. He reported on the Mayor's Navigator scandal (he leased a Navigator for his wife for a small fortune with all sorts of perks...over paid and everything...It was a huge story). He probably helped to bring Kwame down in general.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Makes ya want to take up some baking. Keep an eye out for my Ned and Chicken Easter cookies... Oh Gawd!

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
They're horrendous, but I don't know how the "drunken" part comes into it. It's gotta have rum or some alcohol in it.

Here you guys.. have some Rum Balls. lol

:p