Drug resistant H1N1 found in US and UK.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
By Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY
Epidemic experts say they are investigating the apparent spread of Tamiflu-resistant swine flu virus among four patients at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, N.C., and five in a hospital in Wales.
These clusters appear to be the first in which a virus resistant to the antiviral Tamiflu, a mainstay of flu treat, has spread from person to person, researchers said Friday.

Drug resistant H1N1 found in U.S. and U.K. - USATODAY.com

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Crap I made a duplicate post cause this site is running like moollaaasseeesss.

BTW-
My brother said "H1N1 makes you trip balls!"

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'm someone's dad. I don't say "shit" anymore. I say "poop".

Having children certainly didn't stop my parents from cursing. I learned the fine art of cussing out the opponent in a football game from my father long before he left. Except you don't hear me from a block away. Most of the really dirty stuff I learned from my friends in 3rd grade or so, though I heard many a colorful word come out of my mothers mouth when she was angry, including the F word.

Drug resistant swine flu, great. Just what I need when I will be flying cross country at least 3 times in the next couple weeks. If if were just for the holiday I would drive, I hate flying anyway, but it's unavoidable, for work. (I guess I should be thankful I still have a job) Would it be gay if I wore a facemask in the airport?

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
All due respect to the OP, but this is a non-story. Nearly 100% of the strains of swine flu from 2008 are resistant to Tamiflu. Only a handful of the 2009 strains are. This is what nature does. Tamiflu kills the susceptible viruses and leaves the resistant ones behind.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
News like this, for some reason, makes me happy inside.

It means, to me, that no matter how smart we think we are, there are still things FAR beyond our control and our little bubble of safety that we create for ourselves can be popped at any moment. It means that all of those people that stood in line for a shot probably wasted a lot of their time.

It means that on a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

It means that the system is breaking down and somewhere, somebody is pooping their pants over it.

I don't wish anybody ill, I just like stories like this.