#24 Jeff Gordon Ch. 113

#88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Ch. 122
NASCAR Officials Ch. 126
#?? Fan's Choice Ch. 127

That's kinda cool.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
you should have titled it, driver2crew & nascar officials channel for the aaron's 499. there for a moment i was thinkin, why in the heck is he posting this when you've never posted it before. lol

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i wish they would do away with the weekly stewart channel, but i bet nascar gave him his own dedicated channel since he had a show with sirius.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have a scanner and listen to MRN when I go to the track. Can you listen to the Officials Channel on the scanner? I've never seen it on the channel line up. I've heard the television broadcast on the scanner, too...:)

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I have a scanner and listen to MRN when I go to the track. Can you listen to the Officials Channel on the scanner? I've never seen it on the channel line up. I've heard the television broadcast on the scanner, too...:)

you sure can. i wish i could copy and paste with opera mini, but if you go over to jayski's page and find his scanner freq link it should list every freq # offered

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
These are the officials channels that I scan at the track. I then lock out the ones that aren't available for that given track.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Semi, you can go by the scanner rental trailers and ask for an updated list and it will have "race control" or "Officials" listed. I think they are $1, WHEN they actually charge for them. Most of the time they never charge. Its interesting at times, I heard them chewing Kyle Petty's official azz and told him to "make sure he understands that he doesnt HAVE to participate, he could be parked"! I dont remember what they were pissed about, but it was funny.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Semi, you can go by the scanner rental trailers and ask for an updated list and it will have "race control" or "Officials" listed. I think they are $1, WHEN they actually charge for them. Most of the time they never charge. Its interesting at times, I heard them chewing Kyle Petty's official azz and told him to "make sure he understands that he doesnt HAVE to participate, he could be parked"! I dont remember what they were pissed about, but it was funny.

When I get a program, it usually comes with a list of scanner frequencies, but I've never noticed a Race Control or Officials Channel...:right:

I'll check it out next time...:)

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio

I listen to the official channel from time to time on raceview.....usually go there if something "interesting" happens during the race:pointer:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The channels that I gave you above are all that you'll ever need for the officials channels. They haven't changed in many years. Drivers channels seldom change as well unless they change cars. The frequency stays with the car, not the driver.

arails4

Oct 21, 2008
With trackpass/raceview, I use one to listen to Kenseth's radio, and another to listen to the officials channel at the same time. I find the officials channel very interesting to listen to. One of the best reasons to listen to the officials channel is because there are no more "mystery debris" cautions because you get to hear the officials say what driver is reporting debris and what kind of debris the officials around the track report seeing.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
With trackpass/raceview, I use one to listen to Kenseth's radio, and another to listen to the officials channel at the same time. I find the officials channel very interesting to listen to. One of the best reasons to listen to the officials channel is because there are no more "mystery debris" cautions because you get to hear the officials say what driver is reporting debris and what kind of debris the officials around the track report seeing.

That's exactly what I do, except substitute Jr. for Kenseth. I like to have both of them on at the same time. I don't have that option when I go to a race but at home it adds to the racing experience.

Side note...... Those spotters sure earn their money @ Talladega/Daytona. What a huge difference there is between calling those races and the rest of them. They don't get the credit they deserve. :clap: