Driver or Team?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Per the conversation on TMD right now. What is it for you? Driver or Team?

My stepson HATES JJ, but LOVES Jeff Gordon. When he finds out Jeff's team helped JJ he will be LIVID!

Reactions: dpkimmel2001

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Even though I realise its a team sport its more driver for me, probably because he's the face of that team.
Although, I have been a fan of crew chiefs and not drivers before, too.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
There's a BIG deal with the 24 team helping the 48 team get back on the track sunday.

That Chris fella (24 fan) called in today and said "why be a fan of the 24 anymore, why not just sell all my 24 stuff and buy Hendrick stuff?"

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
There's a BIG deal with the 24 team helping the 48 team get back on the track sunday.

That Chris fella (24 fan) called in today and said "why be a fan of the 24 anymore, why not just sell all my 24 stuff and buy Hendrick stuff?"

I'm a HUGE 24 fan and not a 48 fan (Though I do respect what they've done) and I have ZERO problem with what they did. Thats how Hendrick Mortosports works, its not secret. This guy obviously doesn't know his team very well. :idunno:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I have to admit that I was surprised to see Gordon crew members in there helping out. I think that selling your Gordon merchandise is a bit much. Sounds a little like an overreaction to me. :scratch:

I certainly root for the #88 team but the driver is the recognizable face behind that team to me. I think it's just that way in NASCAR. I could pass any one of those guys walking down the street and wouldn't know the difference.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
This guy obviously doesn't know his team very well.

Well, if you know the Chris I'm talking about, he DOES know the sport. He's the one I wish had his own channel because he lays the smack down good. :p I think he was really upset though because he's wanting the whole 24 team to step up for Jeff.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I'm kind-of torn because I see both sides. For example, I'm a JGR fan and like to see any of the drivers win (even though I really don't care for Denny).

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Im a Mark Martin fan first and everyone else a distant I dont give a shit how they do.

As for this 24 crew helping the 48. If your a fan of either the 48, 24, or 5, you want them to do exactly what theyve been doing to maintain this dominance. Obviously they are doing everything perfectly to be 1-2-3 in points. I dont want them to change a thing.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Jr.'s team was helping out too.. To me it shows that at least for the 24 team they want to win this championship fair and square and not by saying well the 48 had problems and we sat there and didn't help them and it helped us win the championship...

That is one of the big things I love about Hendrick is they are all one big team not 4 separate ones.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I've been an 18 fan since DJ was with the team. I loved having Bobby L. in the car. Didn't care one way or the other about KB when he was with Hendrick.

Never liked Tony in the 20. Don't care one way or the other about Denny in the 11. Cared even less when J Leffler was in the car.

I've liked Mark Martin in the past. Big 6 fan. After he left, I became a fan of neither.

Never liked Jeff Gordon when Ray Evernham was his crew chief. After Ray left I became a fan.

Always liked Jimmie Johnson tho he's not my favorite. Always liked Terry Labonte. Never cared for who was in the 25 after Ricky Craven left HMS.

Always loved the 28. Didn't care who was in the car. Davey Allison. Ernie Irvin. Kenny Irwin Jr. Ricky Rudd (always liked RR no matter what car he was in).

Love the 43 team but not the current driver.
Posted via Mobile Device

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I am finally getting a chance to hear TMD today. I think that the calls about this are kinda funny. The one that I keep hearing over and over is how the other teams helped out the #48 crew because they want to beat him fair and square. Please! That's too much. #5/#24 have no chance in beating #48 unless he has issues. They don't have a chance in hell unless he's in the garage again over the next two weeks. I'd really like to hear the honest thoughts from Jeff Gordon or Mark Martin on this. What if either of those other teams lose to the #48 by the points they helped him earn this last week? Could you imagine if Mark Martin loses to Jimmie Johnson by a handful of points. You know that Mark would be the gracious loser but inside, that would be a tough way to lose. :yesshake:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I am finally getting a chance to hear TMD today. I think that the calls about this are kinda funny. The one that I keep hearing over and over is how the other teams helped out the #48 crew because they want to beat him fair and square. Please! That's too much. #5/#24 have no chance in beating #48 unless he has issues. They don't have a chance in hell unless he's in the garage again over the next two weeks. I'd really like to hear the honest thoughts from Jeff Gordon or Mark Martin on this. What if either of those other teams lose to the #48 by the points they helped him earn this last week? Could you imagine if Mark Martin loses to Jimmie Johnson by a handful of points. You know that Mark would be the gracious loser but inside, that would be a tough way to lose. :yesshake:

I'm sure there is a small part of them thinking 'what if my team didn't help' but they know this is how HMS works if it was them in garage the 48 crew would have been there helping out. So to me its a non-issue. Rick always says this is how he built his empire, with team work and people and what they did on Sunday was an example of that.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm sure you're correct but all three of them are all but assured the top 3 in the final Chase results. Not one of them are my driver so I have no vested interest in the outcome. I can see though how a fan of one of those drivers would find that to be an issue.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Thats a good point.
I guess I'm the exception lol. I'm a huge Gordon fan and would love to see Jimmie lose this title but it didn't bother me in the least that the 24 crew was helping the 48.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
What if either of those other teams lose to the #48 by the points they helped him earn this last week? Could you imagine if Mark Martin loses to Jimmie Johnson by a handful of points.

If Mark loses by an amount of points equal to or lesser than the amount Jimmie got by getting back on the track, then THAT will be the story for this season for ALL time. We all know it to be true. And human nature being what it is, it will be a hard pill to swallow for all involved.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
It's not like the 48 team couldn't have gotten back out there without their help, they would have... And the 48 would have done the same for the others as well...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Was it last year when Ron Hornaday wrecked & all the Chevy teams went to his garage to help him get back on the track?

Then Johnny Benson wrecked & nobody helped his team fix his truck & get him back out on the track :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device