DRC Rep Points Cheat Sheet Discussion

Deacon

Oct 14, 2008
14.4 miles from Pepe's Pizza
I complied a list of the rules of rep giving. I hope they make sense.

*You get 10 points as a new member of DRC.
*You must have a minimum of 25 posts before you can give points.
*For every 200 posts that you do, you get 1 point rep power.
*For every 100 points of rep that you have, you get 1 point power.
*For every 365 days you are here, you get 1 point rep power.
*In 24 hours, you can only give rep points 10 times.

Rep power points is how many points that you can give to a person.

Let's not abuse this and go nuts. I want us to use it, not loose it.

So I am a little confused. What is the difference between "10 points" and "1 point rep power"? Does 10 points = 10 points rep power? If this is true then should we all have at least 10 points rep power?

DoubleEE and me_rubin each have "Rep Power: 1" while MM has "Rep Power: 10" and dantodd has "Rep Power: 0". As new members we should all have at least 10.

I know I am probably being as clear as mud, but somebody please help me out.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Hey, He earned every one of those points...

But I'll give you one just because everyone will probably take away some from you for making that comment....

Well if they do then they must not have a sense of humor. DoublEE does a great service for people.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
So I am a little confused. What is the difference between "10 points" and "1 point rep power"? Does 10 points = 10 points rep power? If this is true then should we all have at least 10 points rep power?

DoubleEE and me_rubin each have "Rep Power: 1" while MM has "Rep Power: 10" and dantodd has "Rep Power: 0". As new members we should all have at least 10.

original.jpg

I know if I click on the Rep icon It says I have 12 Rep Points I'm not sure how that translates to a a Rep Power of 1. REP POWER=( REP POINT DIV 10) ( using interger Division ) ???

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

No. They are different. Rep power is how many points you give when you give rep. Your points are how many you receive. If you receive 100, you get one more rep power.

Deacon

Oct 14, 2008
14.4 miles from Pepe's Pizza
No. They are different. Rep power is how many points you give when you give rep. Your points are how many you receive. If you receive 100, you get one more rep power.

That helps a bit, although when I went to give you rep, I don't see any way to specify the points i am giving you. One other thing is that since I have less than 25 posts, should I be able to give you points at all (and I did add to your rep according to the pop-up window)?

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
That helps a bit, although when I went to give you rep, I don't see any way to specify the points i am giving you. One other thing is that since I have less than 25 posts, should I be able to give you points at all (and I did add to your rep according to the pop-up window)?

I don't think you can give any rep points until you have 25 posts. That's why your rep power is zero. Once you hit 25 points, you'll have 1 rep power point.

You can see that a person with <25 posts added to your reputation, but you don't get any points added to your tally.

Last edited:

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I don't think you can give any rep points until you have 25 posts. That's why your rep power is zero. Once you hit 25 points, you'll have 1 rep power point.

You can see that a person with <25 posts added to your reputation, but you don't get any points added to your tally.

This is true.

I also said this in the Cheat Sheet.