DRC Rep Points Cheat Sheet Discussion

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That helps a bit, although when I went to give you rep, I don't see any way to specify the points i am giving you. One other thing is that since I have less than 25 posts, should I be able to give you points at all (and I did add to your rep according to the pop-up window)?

You can't specify how many. Its automatic. You will give me the points in your rep power. If you had 1 you would give me + or - 1. If you had 10, you would give me + or - 10. Right now you give 0 whether you specify good or bad.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Done!...though as limegrass69 says..."You can see that a person with <25 posts added to your reputation, but you don't get any points added to your tally. "

I gave you a point...you should see it. :bigthumbup:

Deacon had a rep power of 0 and limegrass69 has one. They each said they added to my reputation and it went from 12 to 13 so it seems if you have a 0 rep you are not giving any points.

So for those with a rep power of zero - POST POST POST - just reply ton BMF's posts for one day and your have your first 25.

Then anytime someone says something worthy, feel free to give them the rep points.

mch

Nov 11, 2008
Las Vegas
Just speaking as someone who has posted for a long time on another board with rep points, they had a problem in that a clique of people would rep each other up into the stratosphere, other people would complain about their rep, and so on.

They had to set up really silly rules that you weren't allowed to even mention rep in a post, and later hid all rep feedback, and then finally set it so you simply had a green box or a red box and nobody could see who had more or less rep than anyone else.

In other words, it's a nice idea, but if things get cliquey it can be a hassle.

Reactions: Manco and me_rubin

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
Just speaking as someone who has posted for a long time on another board with rep points, they had a problem in that a clique of people would rep each other up into the stratosphere, other people would complain about their rep, and so on.

They had to set up really silly rules that you weren't allowed to even mention rep in a post, and later hid all rep feedback, and then finally set it so you simply had a green box or a red box and nobody could see who had more or less rep than anyone else.

In other words, it's a nice idea, but if things get cliquey it can be a hassle.

Good Point, most people here are not that way though.

I just gave you some rep, would appreciate the same ;)

Oct 29, 2008
Can't say that I have read every page of this thread, but ahhh......how do you give rep points ?

Forget it I finally figured it out.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Rep points, for Dethklok fans:

banana-sticker.jpg

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I'm sorry for bringing this up again since this is a old post/forum, but I'm just learning my way around DRC and have a question.

What are rep points for and what are they used for?

If people take them away from you, do you get kicked off, banned or somthing like that?

Don't mean to come accross clueless (please keep your comments to yourself lol) but I was just curious what they were for. I have recevied some and given some, just didn't know what they were used for.......... Thanks!! :)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I dunno. But they're fun to give out...:)

I think it's a way to let the admin & mods see who's causing trouble. For reason to justify banishment...:shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: antsie