Drc March Madness

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Since march madness is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create our own version of march madness bracket. I was thinking of possibly going with the theme of singers/bands, since it mostly popular around here. Maybe we can go up to bracket of 32 or possibly more, depends on how good singers/bands we can think of and agree with.

I was thinking of a simple rule system, we nominate some singers/bands and have at least 3 or more agreements?

Also I have a voting poll covered, I found a site where I can set up a free poll, where everybody can vote and don't worry about signing up. How does this sound with you guys?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    MadisonRadio1, HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i have a feeling this will somehow lead to a rick roll.
  3. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

You may think that, but that why I said good singers/bands. Yea but I love the rick roll, but I'm not throwing his name into the brackets. But I would nominate Nickelback, but that only if you guys nominate them enough.
  4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

These are some artist/bands I would like to see in the bracket.

Bon Jovi
    Metallica
    Tool
    Brooks & Dunn
    Disturbed
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Guns & Roses
    Kid Rock
    Lady Gaga
    George Strait
    Kenny Chesney
    Linkin Park
    Matchbox Twenty
    Michael Jackson
    Motley Crue
    Rob Zombie
    Slayer
    Slipknot
    Nickelback
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i nominate the bear jug band from country bear jamboree:

6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

and i nominate this croatian dude:

7. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

no you're not. you put nickelback on your list! ;)
    IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

ok now you just want to make a joke out of this, I'm trying to be serious here.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

There is nothing wrong with Nickelback.
    JHDK likes this.
  10. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

I would like to see exactly none of these in the bracket, which might explain why we've never done this before.
    Casual Fan likes this.
  11. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

There is nothing wrong with artists/bands and whom would you put in the music bracket? I'm trying something different here.
  12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

DRC February Fury.
    Casual Fan likes this.
  13. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Are we looking at only active bands? What is the criteria? Why are The Eagles, Led Zepplin not included? How about Dire Straits? And if Disco was your thing, the Bee Gees were a great disco band. Neil Diamond is a great crooner singer, not on your list. While some lame people like Nickleback , there is no argument that would put them on any list of 32 or 64 greatest bands.

Also why would we go to another site to vote? Do it like semi did with the NFL playoffs. A series of polls. Winner goes on. In event of tie, have a 3 or 4 way poll next round.
  14. scotchandcigar

I can't quite figure out what you're trying to say in that 1st sentence, but I applaud your effort.
    While I like more of those bands than Wolf's list, there are thousands of bands that could be in a bracket. Perhaps all that matters is that we pick bands that most of us agree on.
  15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

What other people think about music doesn't really matter.
  16. scotchandcigar

It does if you're trying to create a music bracket game.
  17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

No you can go with any band dead or alive and in any music category. I just named a few of the ones I like. I will probably add more if people ever participate. The bracket size doesn't really matter, I was going small because this is the first time we are doing something like this here and if more people participate and more bands ever get named, then the bracket will expand.

I thought of possibly placing everything on a site, where you can see the bracket and polls. I could do it in a music thread. But I also didn't want spam up the boards with so many threads. But after thinking of some new possible ideas, it might work. Maybe for an example, you can put a max of 10 options in a voting poll, allow multiple choice and just say the top 6 bands win and advance to the next around and it won't exactly be head on head competition like NCAA march madness style.
  18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I was on break at work and I was typing it fast. What I was trying to say is:

There is nothing wrong with those artists/bands and whom would you put in this music bracket? I'm just trying to do something different here.

That what I been trying to say, we all name tons of bands here and have at least 3 or more agreements.
  19. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

semipenguin and Wolf like this.
  20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Thanks Aaron and oh yea I totally forgot about that and now remembering, I helped created another version of that. That was fun and interesting.

2011 SiriusXM Music Channels Tournament | Digital Radio Central
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017