Drc Madness #17: Food Madness

What type of Food Madness should we have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Welcome to DRC Madness #17: Food Madness.

The madness will happen in March, but I want to get an early start on the nominations. I created a poll to determine what kind of Food Madness we will be having, the poll closes in a week. These are the choices in the polls:

Food Categories Competition or Food Fight (All foods face each other)

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Since Uranus and Sex couldn't win the Ultimate Madness how about Geoduck? :laugh:

geoduck_grande.jpg

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I voted for a "food categories" competition -- and I'm resisting the urge to make a dumb comment about the "food fight" being like "comparing apples to oranges."

Oops.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I'm all for leagues and conferences but the tournament madness has always about teams from different leagues facing off in the early rounds, so why not fried chicken vs crepe suzette

By the way, great pick for the real authentic Madness month

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Food fight is starting to run away with it, there will be no certain food categories competitions. We can have any random matches like:

Spaghetti Carbonara vs French Fries
Caviar vs Waffles

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
And why are they so many hundreds of "chicken and waffles" restaurants throughout the United States? Who was the first restaurateur to decide to specialize in those two foods? Why not "hamburgers and omelets" or "lasagna and strawberry shortcake?" Why chicken and waffles?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Food Fight won the poll and I will start accepting nominations of any food for the tournament. The amount of food will determine the size of the brackets.

The deadlines to submit is any foods is on Thursday, Feb 28th. The tournament will start on March 1st.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I am going to intrduce some erotica to the Food Fight. Oh, wait -- that should say exotica. Here, for your consideration, are a few food items that are not very common in mainstream America: borscht, burgoo, haggis, halvah, maca root, lobster poutine, rattlesnake chili and chicken feet. Those last two so-called "foods" are served in a few Western-style restaurants in the southwest United States. Gak!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Last night I just typed any type of foods without thinking first. I want to lay out some rules, I want to make sure these are foods we consume and eat. I don't to see nominations of spices, seasonings and other stuff close to it.

What are your guys thoughts of food combinations? Somebody might nominate chicken and waffles, rice and beans. Technically they are two separate items, but somebody might want to combine them together.