DRC Forum Guidelines Questions/Discussion

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I thought I'd start a thread about our new DRC Forum Guidelines.

If you have any questions or concerns, let us know.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
I really think you need to change xL to NSFW (or just say what you mean). Reason being, NSFW is much more universal than xL. I, as well as others, had no idea what xL meant for a while. We thought it was a bust on Bubba's weight.

Even to put the word rated infront of xL would help.

starmate

Oct 13, 2008
Frederick, MD.
crap_shit_poo.gif

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I really think you need to change xL to NSFW (or just say what you mean). Reason being, NSFW is much more universal than xL. I, as well as others, had no idea what xL meant for a while. We thought it was a bust on Bubba's weight.

MM and I just discussed this and that is exactly what I told him. For folks not up on XM, which always use the xL designation, you probably won't know what it means.

Anyway we now have it listed in the FAQ and the Guidelines, so if in doubt check it out.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England

We are trying to start something new. ;)

I did take your advice and use NSFW in our guidelines, thanks for that.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
:bigthumbup: I just read the guidelines.

Not a suggestion more of a comment. Another site has a "filter" that filters out words. Words like F*ck turn into fark. P**sy turns into cat. I have never seen that before. Is it a hack or a feature of vB?

Last edited:

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
:bigthumbup: I just read the guidelines.

Not a suggestion more of a comment. Another site has a "filter" that filters out words. Words like F*ck turn into fark. P**sy turns into cat. I have never seen that before. Is it a hack or a feature of vB?

We are able to that. :yesshake:

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
That's cool that vB is that "pro-active" and "family friendly". I always assumed it was a custom hack.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
That's cool that vB is that "pro-active" and "family friendly". I always assumed it was a custom hack.

Most board systems I worked with in the last 3-4 years have ahd that feature, so thats always nice. Back when I ran a UBB (way back in the day) we had to add hacks to enable features that are very common in fresh installs of vB, phpbb, and back even stuff like Ikonboard, and invision boards. Forum systems have really stepped it up the past few years.