Dr. Drew Pinsky interview

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Only managed to hear about half of it for now, but I'm curious to know if Howard brought up Artie to Dr. Drew at all, especially since Dr. Drew predicted what Artie's future direction would be?

If he *didn't* bring up Artie - well, at this point it shouldn't surprise me, but I feel as though it would like interviewing O.J. Simpson and only asking him about his football career.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I heard the tail end of it.
Artie got mentioned at the very end.
Howard mentioned that Artie was a big fan and it was too bad that he could not be there.
Pinsky said that he was sad that Artie wasn't there and wished him the best.
That was about it.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I heard the tail end of it.
Artie got mentioned at the very end.
Howard mentioned that Artie was a big fan and it was too bad that he could not be there.
Pinsky said that he was sad that Artie wasn't there and wished him the best.
That was about it.

Thanks - I guess it is better than nothing, and actually says a lot. It is not like I expected them to drop their gag order, anyway. I wonder if Artie is listening to the show...

I fully expect Howard and Dr. Drew had an Artie convo during the commercial break afterward, oh to be a fly on that wall... :)

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
After hearing the interview, for an armchair psychologist like Howard is, with all of those years of therapy - he is *terrible* at it! It seems like every suggestion he makes, Dr. Drew would immediately refute and explain properly. I recall this happens with Dr. Keith Ablow as well. It's not a criticism, I just find it amusing. :)

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I like how Dr. Drew went on The Today Show (to talk about that Johnson girl who just died) and criticized the media and viewers for gawking at these celebutards. It's so ironic considering how he and his show are some of the biggest exploiters out there!!

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I like how Dr. Drew went on The Today Show (to talk about that Johnson girl who just died) and criticized the media and viewers for gawking at these celebutards. It's so ironic considering how he and his show are some of the biggest exploiters out there!!

Amazingly, he seems to keep his image from being tainted, though. He makes the distinction that he has no role in casting the VH1 shows and somehow that gives him a pass. Incredible! Seems like a knowledgeable, stand-up guy but I can't help but believe the fame will eventually turn him.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
After hearing the interview, for an armchair psychologist like Howard is, with all of those years of therapy - he is *terrible* at it! It seems like every suggestion he makes, Dr. Drew would immediately refute and explain properly. I recall this happens with Dr. Keith Ablow as well. It's not a criticism, I just find it amusing. :)

It's true. I love Howard but he thinks his "psychology" is everyone elses's psychology.

Like he will always say that Person X behaves a certain way because they had a bad childhood or their mother didn't love them.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
In my experience, people who have been to a lot of therapy, usually profess to be "experts" at psychology. In reality, they are among the biggest fuck ups out there. They use psychology as an excuse to justify their absurd behavior to "normal" folks who find ways to get through life.

I'm not talking about people who have a problem, get some therapy to straighten things out, and then move on. I am talking about chronic therapy junkies.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
It's true. I love Howard but he thinks his "psychology" is everyone elses's psychology.

Like he will always say that Person X behaves a certain way because they had a bad childhood or their mother didn't love them.

Don't forget that they might also want to be a pretty little girl, too. :p

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
In my experience, people who have been to a lot of therapy, usually profess to be "experts" at psychology. In reality, they are among the biggest fuck ups out there. They use psychology as an excuse to justify their absurd behavior to "normal" folks who find ways to get through life.

I'm not talking about people who have a problem, get some therapy to straighten things out, and then move on. I am talking about chronic therapy junkies.

It's like when you go to the gym and every musclehead who has been there for years thinks he is an expert professional trainer. If you don't do it their way you are doing it wrong damnit!