Dont take the bait - SAY NOT TO LIFETIME ON ADDITIONAL SUBS

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Here is my math on an additional sub.

If its going to be 8.99/month thats 107.88/year.

If I take 499.99 (the cost of lifetime) and divide it by 107.88 thats

4.6 years before break even.

Not to mention the 75.00 swap fee.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
lifetime subs have never made sense for additional subs. At the old (current) prices it was almost 6 years to make up the cost for an addon sub. give me a secondary lifetime for $200 or so and I might consider it...

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
If you're thinking about Lifetime subscriptions:

You want a lifetime sub to be set up as your base sub. For me, all I need is one sub, so I am set.

For those that love SIRIUS and need more than one radio, then I say get the lifetime sub for your main radio and get your additional subs as you normally would.

You're still saving money in the end (even with this new $2 price increase).

Last edited:

SSF

Oct 12, 2008
New Jersey
www.tss-radio.com
:agree: A Lifetime Subscription is a great deal for those who only need one radio at a time or, as mentioned above, is used as your Primary account. Plus, it's very common for Customer Support to waive that $75 transfer fee.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
:agree: A Lifetime Subscription is a great deal for those who only need one radio at a time or, as mentioned above, is used as your Primary account. Plus, it's very common for Customer Support to waive that $75 transfer fee.

True for a primary sub. Not so much for a secondary.

However, if they never merge the XM and Sirius billing, a lifetime on an XM radio is only $50 more than the 3 year sub and certainly an offer I will consider when my renewal comes up in July. If I do that, I will certainly buy a new radio to replace the Airware which has the main sub right now.

spaceghost

Jan 20, 2009
Here is my math on an additional sub.

If its going to be 8.99/month thats 107.88/year.

If I take 499.99 (the cost of lifetime) and divide it by 107.88 thats

4.6 years before break even.

Not to mention the 75.00 swap fee.

I actually agree there, it does seem more logical to keep it on a monthly for a secondary unit. However there is a rumored multi-sub increase and the lifetime is currently on sale. And the $75 swap fee is covered by warranty or a stolen radio.. or if you get a nice agent who waives it for you for being polite and friendly with them on the phone :hatsoff:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I actually agree there, it does seem more logical to keep it on a monthly for a secondary unit. However there is a rumored multi-sub increase and the lifetime is currently on sale. And the $75 swap fee is covered by warranty or a stolen radio.. or if you get a nice agent who waives it for you for being polite and friendly with them on the phone :hatsoff:

+1

Stated my legitimate case with a CSR today. I had a 30 day customer demo set to expire on the 31st. Bought a Stiletto 100 which arrived today. Stayed firm in my convictions but politely asked the CSR to honor the fact that I didn't want my lifetime to start til Feb 1 and have a five payment plan. Checked my account after the new unit was activated and all is well. I have to say thumbs up to Sirius customer support.