Don't forget the truck race tonight.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Should be a good one! Newman is driving for Harvick. Oh, and everyone's favorite, Kyle Busch will be there. This will probably be the best race of the weekend. :yesshake:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Skinner / Hornaday only a 25 point difference. Should be good.
I hate to say it but a lot of the time the truck racing an points races are much more exciting in the truck series.
I said this last year and who knows if I'll stick to it but if JJ wins the Sprint Cup again I'm going to take a break from Cup and just follow the trucks in 2010.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I hate to say it but a lot of the time the truck racing an points races are much more exciting in the truck series.

Let's just hope that NASCAR doesn't have to come out with a TOT. The current truck design puts on a great show at all of the tracks IMO.

brett1963

Oct 30, 2008
Cincinnati
Don't get me wrong cause I luv me some truck racing. Its about the most exciting racing out there. However, I noticed this year a big decline in quality, after about say the top 10-13 trucks there is a huge drop off in quality teams. obviously the economy has an effect but it wasnt that long ago when a good portion of the field was competitve.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Maybe it will get better once that get to race most every week. The beginning of the truck season seems to start off pretty slow.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Frankly I'm scared of what nascar might do to screw things up in the truck series. They've already made some changes that didn't seem to help.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I really enjoy the trucks...all the series for that matter...and I sometimes get upset with NASCAR for some kind of change...then I remember...ummm....NASCAR is the one that created all the series, came up with all the rules, makes em, changes em....and it continues to grow. Then, I say "thanks Nascar" for giving us these great events to watch. I guage people the same way...not necessarily by exactly everything they say or do...but by the "intent" they had in doing or saying what they did. If the intent was to make something good happen...I'm not too harsh. NASCAR changes things, yes, and if the change doesn't work out the way they planned it to...I've seen em change it back too. Makes for good conversation for us all though.:p After all, NASCAR is the one that has things to gain or lose in their decisions...and so far...they've done a pretty good job.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Frankly I'm scared of what nascar might do to screw things up in the truck series. They've already made some changes that didn't seem to help.

For instance? :confused:

I really enjoy the trucks...all the series for that matter...and I sometimes get upset with NASCAR for some kind of change...then I remember...ummm....NASCAR is the one that created all the series, came up with all the rules, makes em, changes em....and it continues to grow. Then, I say "thanks Nascar" for giving us these great events to watch. I guage people the same way...not necessarily by exactly everything they say or do...but by the "intent" they had in doing or saying what they did. If the intent was to make something good happen...I'm not too harsh. NASCAR changes things, yes, and if the change doesn't work out the way they planned it to...I've seen em change it back too. Makes for good conversation for us all though.:p After all, NASCAR is the one that has things to gain or lose in their decisions...and so far...they've done a pretty good job.

Absolutely correct IMO. :yesshake:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"For instance?"

-Putting splitter on the front that make them more aero sensitive/dependent than they used to be.
-That retarded 2 stop per caution nonsense they have.
-They dont pay enough in the purses

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Congrats to the race winner...Ron Hornaday !!!! I think it's kinda cool...he let Harvick live at his house/helped Harvick get his start when he first came from California...now he wins races in his trucks. Good show. He's another over 50 that just keeps on ticking.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
It was nice to see Hornaday win... He was one of my picks..lol Good points for him.. Specially seeing I picked Benson as well and he didn't have a good night...

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I was looking forward to watching Mark race the trucks when he originally started to talk retirement. Seems to me he kicked butt with the Rousch trucks in the few races he did run.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I was never a big Mark fan to be honest when he was with Rousch, still not a Rousch fan but I have seen a big improvement with in Mark since he left that 6 car..

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
mark hasn't changed since leaving roush, not sure why anyone would even think that. jack and him as close as anyone can be to one another. mark left because there was no room to add a 6th team and sponsors wanted someone to run full time. he's had 2 years of not running a full schedule and of course that is going to take alot of pressure off a driver.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
mark hasn't changed since leaving roush, not sure why anyone would even think that. jack and him as close as anyone can be to one another. mark left because there was no room to add a 6th team and sponsors wanted someone to run full time. he's had 2 years of not running a full schedule and of course that is going to take alot of pressure off a driver.

That is your opinion.. And that last post was my opinion....:bigthumbup: Everyone is entitled to their own...