Votes: 16 57.1%
  • NO

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
With Bubba's supposed depature , do you think Bubba will have a internet radio exclusive show in the future.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Podcasts, or something like it, will be the certain future of talk entertainment and information. Live streaming and podcasts.

There's no way to fudge the numbers of listeners. The people hosting the podcasts know exactly how many people are downloading their podcasts. At the moment there's very little in the way of annoying advertising or commercial interruptions. That will change in the future, but for now the podcast willy is the way to get your fix of talk radio.

Sirius should look into developing this side of the market place, especially for its censored brand of material.

As a Bubba fan, would any of you pay 99 cents to have the Bubba Show on mp3?

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Podcasts, or something like it, will be the certain future of talk entertainment and information. Live streaming and podcasts.

There's no way to fudge the numbers of listeners. The people hosting the podcasts know exactly how many people are downloading their podcasts. At the moment there's very little in the way of annoying advertising or commercial interruptions. That will change in the future, but for now the podcast willy is the way to get your fix of talk radio.

Sirius should look into developing this side of the market place, especially for its censored brand of material.

As a Bubba fan, would any of you pay 99 cents to have the Bubba Show on mp3?
I'm game for the podcast thing!

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn't pay 99 cents/show, but I'd pay $10-12/month to download them all.

Yeah...I think that could be the business model for the future, especially for adult talk content. It might be a little tricky to do a monthly grab, especially with a show like Howard's because of all the vacation time, but perhaps as a weekly set of shows.

It seems like the industry standard is geared for the .99 cents a show model. You could still listen live for a monthly fee and get all of the channels, but if you're only in it for a Bubba the Love Sponge or a Howard Stern, then why not let fans get the shows that way, especially for those people that aren't subscribers.

It would certainly bring in some much needed cash. I don't think that it would hurt subs, but who knows?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
It won't really be "internet radio exclusive" with the FM show expanding. But an uncensored podcast is a definite possibility. He said he has to prepare his site for something big.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
How about an "I don't really care" vote category.

I used to listen to Bubba on my local FM back in the day, but never bothered to tune in his show on the sat rad.

I do wish him luck though.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I don't think a podcast or internet show would work for Bubba. Most of his show is based around call-in folks, often on the road. Going off the airwaves would pretty much eliminate his trucker audience. Guys sitting at home on their computer are a smaller part of his fanbase. It would be a better option if wi-fi was available everywhere.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I don't think a podcast or internet show would work for Bubba. Most of his show is based around call-in folks, often on the road. Going off the airwaves would pretty much eliminate his trucker audience. Guys sitting at home on their computer are a smaller part of his fanbase. It would be a better option if wi-fi was available everywhere.
An internet show could work.Maybe he wont have as many callers but he will have some.I listen to a few of the sherdog radio shows and they get plenty of callers.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
This might be way out of left field, but Bubba could do something in line with what Tom Green has been doing for the last couple of years. Tom has an Internet Television show that operates off and on every week or two. He operates out of his own house and he takes phone calls and video conferences with the help of Skype technology.

I think a live show every week or two weeks with Bubba and his army could be very interesting.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
When Bubba went off on SIRIUS on Friday it sounded so unlikely he would be on SIRIUS. I have more optimism than ever. It's clear he wants to be on and he will have enough of an impact if they don't sign him that SIRIUS really doesn't have a decision. The decision is just about how much the deal will be. I'm very optimistic about him being on SIRIUS and getting what he wants.
BTW, posting from the Jacksonville airport after a great Bubbapalooza show :bigthumbup:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
When Bubba went off on SIRIUS on Friday it sounded so unlikely he would be on SIRIUS. I have more optimism than ever. It's clear he wants to be on and he will have enough of an impact if they don't sign him that SIRIUS really doesn't have a decision. The decision is just about how much the deal will be. I'm very optimistic about him being on SIRIUS and getting what he wants.
BTW, posting from the Jacksonville airport after a great Bubbapalooza show :bigthumbup:

I sent an email to Tim Sabean about Bubba leaving and he emailed me back saying that Bubba would in fact continue broadcasting with Sirius.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
You know what, people will think we're crazy, but I agree. :jj: They forced his hand and got a taste of the shitstorm that would ensue. Plus he once again showed how serious he was about coming back. He could've very easily resigned himself to the fact he wasn't returning.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Tim has been calling people today who left a message with him about the whole Bubba situation too.
Good guy.:bigthumbup:

EDIT: Opps! Just noticed the post above me mentioned the same thing.
Ignore mine! ;)

Last edited: