Do You Miss Dj's?

WYAdams

Mar 16, 2009
This is the reason businesses fail

By the same token if all one wants is music, then why not an iPod or MP3 player, I mean isn't that what those do?

That attitude of "If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere" is the very reason businesses fail. It is probably the reason Sirius/XM will lose subscribers.

The problem with iPod's and MP 3 players is the need to search out and download the music, and then the need to format the playlist. I enjoyed XM because of the wide varierty of music and the randomness of the playlists, requiring no effort on my part, which is what entertainment is all about, after all.

BTW, I will be listening to my iPod and FREE local stations from now on.

W. Adams

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That attitude of "If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere" is the very reason businesses fail. It is probably the reason Sirius/XM will lose subscribers.

Can you tell us even a single business that has actually failed because of this reason?

Think about the likes of Apple, Microsoft, AT&T, Verizon to name a few, they all seem to have that attitude, but for the most part they are thriving businesses.

The fact is this thread is about DJ's and rather one misses them because Online services or portable services like Slacker generally do not have them. I don't think I've read anyone say if you don't like it take your business else where, but maybe I missed it. Needless to say, when a company has a set format it is hard to get them to change it, so if their format isn't acceptable to you, do you think a person should just continue to do business with that company or find a service that suits there needs more appropriately?

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I don't miss DJ's on Slacker, but I do like the station id's that come up every 1/2 hour or so, which remind me that I'm actually listening to a radio. I did enjoy the DJ era of the 70's on classic radio but these are new times.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't miss DJ's on Slacker, but I do like the station id's that come up every 1/2 hour or so, which remind me that I'm actually listening to a radio. I did enjoy the DJ era of the 70's on classic radio but these are new times.

What is strange is that since I am a premium subscriber even though I have DJ's turn on, I don't get those station ID. I have mine playing in the office often and I'd really like to hear those play so folks know we are actually listening to radio and not just an MP3 player. Not sure why they don't play once you subscribe.