Votes: 39 84.8%
  • No, I hate it!

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I love my job!...:D

I get to listen to satellite radio all the time...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I love mine as well.

Going from a Chef to a Culinary Arts Instructor is the best career move I made. I also get to keep my sanity. :)

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I dig my job - there are some things and people that make me nuts, but looking at the big picture it could certainly be (and in the past places I've worked have been) a lot worse.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I like mine just fine. I'm the Network Admin for a law firm. I had gotten laid off from my old firm in October. It was quite scary with the economy in the crapper and a fat mortgage payment over my head. NOT having a job really makes me appreciate having a good one. My boss is really cool and we think alike. Good helpdesk support below me. Other than the drop in pay, my first since going to college in '85, it has all worked out rather nicely. My old boss seemed like she was always looking for something to get on me about, my new boss's reply to most things is "Low stress, man"

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I love mine as well.

Going from a Chef to a Culinary Arts Instructor is the best career move I made. I also get to keep my sanity. :)
When I went into the Army, I had to pick another MOS. Cook was one of my choices. I should have taken it but they work some long hours, so I decided not too...:(

If I were a cook now, I'd be 350lbs...:shock:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

RyeGuy

Oct 16, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
For the record, I love my job too... glad to see there are so many folks here to be in the happy situation of liking what they do 40+ hours a week.

This came up because I think my wife gets tired of me coming home from work and saying "I love my job"... so I started wondering... am I in a minority? Do a lot of people go to work every day hating their jobs?

Of course, this poll isn't exactly going out to a sample set that is "representative" of the general population. ;)

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Now that I think about it, my only real complaint lately is that I'm still working in freezing cold snowy Michigan.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I do enjoy my job and industry. Been doing it for 35 years and it never gets boring. The competition to drill oil and gas wells deeper, cheaper and quicker keeps all of us on our toes. The fun part is having a positive impact on the industry with new ideas.

The oilfield is not for everybody. It is a 24/7 operation and there are no holidays.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Well, being President-elect is not easy, but things should improve once the mosque goes in. :eek:

No, really, I like and appreciate my job. I have a friend on facebook who bitches about hers all the time and it's annoying, given that I also have friends on facebook who just lost their jobs.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I do enjoy my job and industry. Been doing it for 35 years and it never gets boring. The competition to drill oil and gas wells deeper, cheaper and quicker keeps all of us on our toes. The fun part is having a positive impact on the industry with new ideas.

The oilfield is not for everybody. It is a 24/7 operation and there are no holidays.
When the men return from work, Rich is right there with a massage for them, or a lap dance. :rofl:

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Couple of years ago I did love my job, until the company had to close there doors due to the home mortgage industry. So I had to look for a new job and I been there for over a year now and I'm not happy there! Couple of the bosses treat the employees like crap and one of them dresses like a major slut in front of the director of the company! The only thing I like there are few of my co-workers. But with the economy way it is right now I don't plan on leaving yet, I will look for a new job sometime soon!

Last edited:

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I love my job too. I work tech support at a college and the Faculty and Staff, and the students, keep me busy since they like to destroy things. 15 paid holidays a year, full paid benefits, and 2 weeks off at Christmas paid, I never complain.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Well, I do love my career. And it certainly isn't all champaign and cookies. The level of BS that comes with the job is crazy. More of the time than not, it's all about putting out fires, problem solving, and chasing deadlines. But the rest of the gig makes it all worth while. I can't picture myself doing anything else.

HomieG

Oct 13, 2008
I hate it, and put up with it for now. They pay me enough to put up with it...