Do you guys think Bubba will leave when his contract is up?

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by Snoozer, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dZilla

dZilla Member

I was under the impression from listening to I think it was either WEdnesday or Thursday show, that they were planning on offering him a 2 year deal, he kept on referencing 2010, now whether or not the $$$ is right, but it didn't seem like he was trashing the idea. Perchance $$$ wasn't discussed yet.
    I really enjoy Bubba, big fan.

Just re read the posts, I don't remember him mentioning anything about terristical radio though...
  2. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Tim is one of their biggest allies at Sirius and was certainly not the one responsible for fucking with Bubba. He has a difficult job and was just trying to keep Bubba out of trouble, even if his tactics were sometimes questionable.
  3. Maineiac

Maineiac New Member

With out a doubt, it is more the higher ups that don't understand how radio works and think that the only reason why Bubba is #2 on Sirius is due to being in that time slot and on Howards channel. Meaning that anyone there would be #2 radio show, which is totally the wrong out look, and these people should be let go.

If they lose Bubba they will be losing a big asset to their company. He does have a strong fan base, and a loyal one at that. No other show could fill the void if Bubba left.
  4. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

Amen brother!!!
  5. k9feces

k9feces Member

Bubba should just simulcast his AM show on another Sirius channel if they aren't willing to put up the $$$ to keep him exclusive. Why bother doing a second live show for peanuts.
  6. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It's good to see you again K9feces :churn:
    Chob likes this.
  7. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I agree that Sirius XM should carry the morning show. It would keep the small portion of the audience that has Sirius, but tunes into the morning show.
  8. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Your probably right. Tim rubbed me the wrong way when he was in Tampa a while back and was sitting in on the show. He kept bitching about them hitting their commercial breaks. He went on and on. Sometimes I don't think he realizes what Sirius really is. I know he was with testical radio for 25 some years,but Sirius is so different. I hope he really is their allie.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  9. Chance00

Chance00 Member

That's one thing I don't like about their show. I wish they could go more free form with when they take their breaks like howard.
  10. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I hear ya. I wish they could too. I also wish they could go past 7pm sometimes. I know they have to be tired and all,but sometimes they have something really cool going on.