Do We Have A "stupid Things Happening In Florida" Subforum?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK this report.

Iguanas are freaking cool. They are not at all dangerous like gators and make me feel like I'm living in Jurassic Park. Let them eat whatever they want, they're cool to look at.

Old Hendrik has a mango tree and it's mango season (yay!) well these iguanas, along with an assortment of regular ducks, Egyptian ducks and Muscovy ducks all hang out under the tree waiting for a meal to fall. It's really neat to watch.

Also, I learned from this report that they "use their tail like a whip". Yet another cool thing iguanas do.

Oh, and you ever see them swim? They tuck their legs in and only use their tails and look like little dinosaur torpedoes.

So global warming is causing their population to rise...yet another example of how climate change is benefiting us all!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Another cool iguana fact I just remembered...During the few winter days when it gets kinda chilly down here in like the 40's or upper 30's they climb into trees to keep warm. If it gets too cold their cool little cold blooded bodies shut down and they fall out of the trees and lie motionless on the ground like they're dead...but they are not dead. After a couple minutes or if you touch it a little it will snap out of its stasis and go back about it's iguana business.

It's really cool to see. When I first saw it I was really freaked out when they would pop back to life after appearing totally dead.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
One of my old roommates had an iguana. Max (the iguana, not the roommate) was about 3' long, and didn't smell great. Their claws are crazy sharp, and when they whip you with their tails, it stings.

I'm not a fan.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
giphy.gif

Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
The oil change place makes me drive my car over the pit. Last time I got new tires they got the one kid who could drive stick to pull it out of the bay. He stalled 4 times.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The last time I had my car valet-parked, they had to bring out the one guy from their crew that could drive stick. Soon they'll make a superhero movie with Stick-Shift Man.
Cool. Now I know what I'll do if I quit my job before I get another one. I'll park cars at fancy restaurants. The bonus is that I'll always have nice cars to drive to my interviews.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This happens a lot. A manual transmission has become a theft deterrent.

One of the main reasons why I wanted a Jeep was because they still offer them with a manual transmission.

The dealer's don't order too many, and where I bought mine, they didn't have any.

I got all the features in mine that I could need, with the exception of LED head and tail lights. But it's a Jeep. They have plenty of aftermarket options, and they're not that hard to replace.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
One of the main reasons why I wanted a Jeep was because they still offer them with a manual transmission.

The dealer's don't order too many, and where I bought mine, they didn't have any.

I got all the features in mine that I could need, with the exception of LED head and tail lights. But it's a Jeep. They have plenty of aftermarket options, and they're not that hard to replace.
So did you get a manual or not?

The last figures for manual take rate on Miatas were around 70%, I think. Way more than any other car out there. People only buy Miatas for fun, and rowing the gears makes it more fun.