1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Do fridays piss you off?

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by hank-the-dwarf, Nov 14, 2008.

1. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf New Member

Or do you like Jay Thomas and Bubba?Discuss please.
  2. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

no, i listen to music
  3. hank-the-dwarf

I tried but 15 min of jay thomas made me listen music-never was a bubba fan.
  4. Blitz71

Blitz71 New Member

I love Bubba. Howard taking Fridays off doesn't really bother me. At first I was disappointed but theres so much other stuff I can listen to and check out. Plus Bubba comes on at 10:00 and thats good enough for me on a Friday.

I'm not really into Jay Thomas.
  5. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I miss the "All Day Bubba" thing. Live 6-10 with the Bubba wrapup at 11, followed by two straight replays, ending at 7.

The only thing that would have made that better would be to replay the Bubba Wrap-Up at 7 PM.

But I can live with the current situation. Nothing's forcing you to listen to 100/101. Check out the other programming.
  6. rickster53

rickster53 Active Member

Jay Thomas is hit-or-miss with me. It depends on what they're talking about. I can't stand Bubba.
  7. DoublEE

DoublEE New Member

I've resolved myself to the fact that Howard will never work Fridays and the staff is too lazy to put any effort into a live show.

I use Fridays to get caught up on the week's shows.
  8. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

no it does not piss me off. i'm usually still a day and a half behind by the time Friday comes around. It usually takes me through the weekend and maybe into Monday to get through the 4 live shows per week. And that is with skipping the wrapup show which I would love to listen to more often if I had the time. However, if they were to work on Friday's I'd be more than happy to have a 5th show each week.

I still record Bubba and all the 7pm shows but these days I rarely end up having time to actually listen to them.
  9. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I haven't even listened to Howard for probably 3 months now.
  10. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Go Bucks!!!

At first I was pissed. I still think Howard is being a hypocrite. He did say and I quote..."If your not their on Fridays your doing a diservice to your audience". That being said I really could care less now. He's there 5 hours a day 4 days a week and there are hardly any commercials. I don't see how anyone can complain about commercials. I listen to Rivals Radio for my college football fix and then Bubba on Fridays. Now I have friends that went to XM because their were pissed that Howard wasn't working Fridays. I understand why people are mad,but really they need to just let it go. It is what it is. You can't blame the guy for doing it. Thats a hell of a contract.

What does piss me off still to this day is the people that say he deserves all that time because of who he is and what he has done in radio. Granted he deserves a lot,but soldiers,fireman,police,teachers deserve time off like that.
  11. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

[​IMG]

Deservin's got nothing to do with it, kid.
  12. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

I never listen to the show live, I'm just not able to. I have to listen to recordings, and I don't get done with the four shows until Sunday evening. I don't think I could keep up if Howard did five a week.
  13. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

A_J, you actually have a life, which means you have no say in this argument. It's pretty clear some people in this forum spend 24 hours a week listening to Howard, and the other 144 obsessing about listening to H100/101.
  14. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Go Bucks!!!

I know that. Thats why I said you can't blame him for signing a contract like that. Anyone in their right mind would. Again its just the people that say he deserves it piss me off.
  15. hank-the-dwarf

Yea to quote Baba Boey"it is what it is".I didnt listen for about 4 months and now i am indifferent to it now-i still get that let down feeling when i think about all the programing that was talked about that never happend.
  16. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

No arguments here. To tell the truth, I just wanted an excuse to post my William Munny pic. :cool:
  17. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Indifferent? Is that what you call all those hate Howard posts? Shit, what do you do when you actually care about something, torch a school?
  18. hank-the-dwarf

19. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

You really do like following me around. Tell me please, is this going to stop soon or do I need a restraining order?
  20. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

meh, teachers get the whole summer off.