DIY headphone jack fix

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
My G2 headphone jack was getting funky, left channel would cut out easily with any movement of the unit. Something was loose. Thought it was the headphones itself, and it wasn't.

After some googling, it seems I'm not the only one with this issue. The solder points holding that jack down seem to be somewhat easy to be prone to failure.

After reading this page, I did indeed find one of the solder points with the headphone jack had indeed broke.

How to fix the Headphone jack problem, on the Slacker G2

You can see in the attached picture (which I took from the above link) where the solder points are surrounding the jack. I could easier see the solder cracked around one of the connection points.

in 5 minutes I had it apart, applied a new slab of solder back on this point, and I'm good as new again..

If you have this problem and attempt this fix, remember, it will probably void your Warranty.

Attachments

• FI1R1ASFV4LSDJI.MEDIUM.jpg
    FI1R1ASFV4LSDJI.MEDIUM.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Nice fix! They are making things soo difficult to repair these days, it's great that you were able to save it.

Yeah, I haven't used my unit in 3 months because of the headphone jack issue, then out of curiosity googled about it and found that repair page. Now i can Slacker up again. There was no way I was buying a new one.

Bigrock

Oct 15, 2008
I am getting old. I could not find the other screw holes after taking offf the cover. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Last edited: