Divorce, anger, and forgiveness

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I got divorced over 10 years ago. No kids with her, luckily.

Time is really the best healer.

I don't want to sound negative, but no matter how hard you try, you'll never get all of the answers you are seeking...especially if you were not able to go to counseling to talk some of those things out. Some things just "are."

You have to look at it from a positive perspective. At least you are now able to find someone who you can find happiness with. I learned a lot from the mistakes I (and my ex) made in our first marriage and divorce. I think that today, those experiences help make me a better husband and father to my kids.

Years later, I started talking to my ex again (she lives far away). We've talked about everything, but there are still things I don't understand. Like I said, some things just "are."

Hang in there, buddy.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I really can't imagine what you are going through. But when you said that you put so much into the house and the work I can see how it's so frustrating to work towards a goal and then go backwards. It feels bad to go backwards in life even when it's something so simple as leaving the house and forgetting one item and having to go back 5 minutes to pick it up. It felt like you just got screwed on time. So no seeing the apple trees, not seeing the progress on the house must be a huge bummer. But there is no doubt when you get to that level of progress on the next situation things will be so good and you will have some good fruit (apples) to bear too.

Reactions: semipenguin