Disorder is going away

BluesGuy

Nov 10, 2008
It doesn't bring me a bit of happiness to report this, but it looks like Sirius Disorder will be lost in the shuffle of channels once they are realigned on Wednesday.

Megless reported this morning that she will be moving to The Spectrum at the same shift she works now. Disorder was her baby, and if she's going elsewhere, that doesn't bode well.

Just this evening I got confirmation of this from someone who's on Disorder. I'm sworn to secrecy, but it corroborates my suspicion.

First The Bridge, now this......

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
WOW! Yeah, I was afraid of this. I have always loved Sirius Disorder, it truly is a sad day when this jewel goes away. I am still trying to stay positive! The more you read and the closer it gets the more it seems like both XM and Sirius will have almost identical music line-ups.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It doesn't bring me a bit of happiness to report this, but it looks like Sirius Disorder will be lost in the shuffle of channels once they are realigned on Wednesday.

Megless reported this morning that she will be moving to The Spectrum at the same shift she works now. Disorder was her baby, and if she's going elsewhere, that doesn't bode well.

Just this evening I got confirmation of this from someone who's on Disorder. I'm sworn to secrecy, but it corroborates my suspicion.

First The Bridge, now this......

That's really sad because Meg rocks. This mergers keeps getting worse and worse! I didn't think they were going to start merging musically for a while. Terrible.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
God at this rate I think we should be creating channels on Slacker based on all of the channels that were killed due to the merger in the share your slacker stations thread.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
God at this rate I think we should be creating channels on Slacker based on all of the channels that were killed due to the merger in the share your slacker stations thread.

I am already ahead of you in that game. I've created my own Moving EZ and I have to say its pretty darn good, I am still tweaking with some artist, but we played it today in the office and it was a big hit.

I also created a killer southern gospel station, new age relaxation channel.

It would be hard though to create a channel like Disorder, because it was just an eclectic batch of music delivered by several DJ's with varying eclectic taste and the artist was so wide and varied, most of which are likely not even available on Slacker!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I am already ahead of you in that game. I've created my own Moving EZ and I have to say its pretty darn good, I am still tweaking with some artist, but we played it today in the office and it was a big hit.

I also created a killer southern gospel station, new age relaxation channel.

It would be hard though to create a channel like Disorder, because it was just an eclectic batch of music delivered by several DJ's with varying eclectic taste and the artist was so wide and varied, most of which are likely not even available on Slacker!

I have created alot of different channels that play alot of unfamilar songs which I enjoy so much.

And I do agree with you that it would be a toughie to create something similar to disorder because it was so wide and varied , but I did create alot of channels that have a wide and varied taste in my music.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have created alot of different channels that play alot of unfamilar songs which I enjoy so much.

And I do agree with you that it would be a toughie to create something similar to disorder because it was so wide and varied , but I did create alot of channels that have a wide and varied taste in my music.

If you create one on Slacker by all means please share it. I'd love to check it out sometimes.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I have already created 8 custom ones on Slacker , and some of them have been already been posted like Shuffle Vacation Harder Classic Rock and others . Ill post the others shortly.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have already created 8 custom ones on Slacker , and some of them have been already been posted like Shuffle Vacation Harder Classic Rock and others . Ill post the others shortly.

Great you posted these in the Slacker Channel Sharing thread? I must have overlooked them.

Again thank you, I'll certainly check them out. You gotta love Slacker! :)

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Great you posted these in the Slacker Channel Sharing thread? I must have overlooked them.

Again thank you, I'll certainly check them out. You gotta love Slacker! :)

I definetly have , and I just posted two more of my custom channels there.

petteri

Oct 12, 2008
Bad, bad news. I really thought that this would be one of the "safe" channels. It has (had) a real unique flavor. What a bummer. Perhaps a replacement is in the works and will be coming along later on. At least I can hope....

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
What is bad is that it also seems the XM equivalent is gone as well...

I really hate to see this...Disorder was a great channel...I didn't listen all that often, but if I had an hour or two to kill then I loved it...for me it really took some time to get it's full flavor...not a channel you could just flip back and forth to....anyway, it was great an i hate to see it go

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
Although I haven't been a Sirius subscriber in quite some time this is sad news. I was truly hoping it would be part of the merged package. Vin Scelsa's show was great, I hope they can find him a new home.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
I will miss Disorder. I always thought it was the crown jewel of the Sirius music lineup. I loved listening to Meg Griffin and David Johansen's Mansion of Fun show. Great stuff.