DISH Network SUCKS!!!!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
They'd just say he has to call AT&T. Dish doesn't handle the AT&T customers, AT&T does all of that. In the future they'll be either UVerse customers (In Uverse markets) or DirecTV customers (through AT&T).

Yeah, I caught that part after the fact - thats what I get for taking breaks between starting and finishing a reply :) Though they'll probably just send him a used DirecTV box next!

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Yeah, I caught that part after the fact - thats what I get for taking breaks between starting and finishing a reply :) Though they'll probably just send him a used DirecTV box next!

Probably. AT&T Dish has its own boxes. Like they have a 622 unit, but it's an AT&T 622 and it's made by 2Wire. It has a different UI and some different features than the VIP622 as well.

I have a feeling AT&T doesn't bother to send these boxes back for refurbishing like Dish usually does, they just redeploy them back to the customer and get the customer to sort it out.....

I'm not a huge AT&T fan in the least.. Bunch of scumbags really.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Probably. AT&T Dish has its own boxes. Like they have a 622 unit, but it's an AT&T 622 and it's made by 2Wire. It has a different UI and some different features than the VIP622 as well.

I have a feeling AT&T doesn't bother to send these boxes back for refurbishing like Dish usually does, they just redeploy them back to the customer and get the customer to sort it out.....

I'm not a huge AT&T fan in the least.. Bunch of scumbags really.

Me neither. Sadly, they're the only true cable provider in my area.

BTW, if you're a MySpace friend of mine, you might want to check out my detailed story on how I went without SmackDown for three years. It tells you about how screwed up my small cable company was.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I've called AT&T and they will have a technician come out tomorrow to look at my unit. If he thinks everything works fine, he'll charge me $25. If not, it'll be free.

I'll write him a note explaining that if I update my channels like I do 7 a.m. every morning, it'll blank out. As for the unit (which BTW is a VIP622 DVR) the operator acknowledged that all equipment is used, which sucks. I guess that's how AT&T works things out...

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I went to the AT&T store in my local mall yesterday and it appears that they're going exclusively with DirecTV in February. No wonder why they gave me a crappy box.

Fortunately, the unit hasn't conked out on me for over a week. Too bad they're probably going to come and take it away anyway. :rofl2: