Disconnected the dog

Peter Atkinson

Oct 17, 2008
Lake Geneva, WI (USA)
I've been a Sirius/XM listener for 3 years. I have 2 XMs & a Sirius radio. Since the merger last year, I haven't been using my Sirius radio very much. So my year has finally come up & I canceled that radio.

Even though I still love the Sirius/XM experience & will surely continue with the 2 XM sets, SXM has lost a subscriber. This is a shame in the fact that they haven't lost this listener, but I will still show on the balance sheet as a lost subscriber. And that's only because the radio itself, is redundant to me & I can't afford (& won't pay for) a radio that I don't use.

In short: I'm still a great satrad fan, but the bean-counters won't see that.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think the number of dual subs is not high enough for them to worry about so its cheaper to accept the loss of most of them against the cost saving of redundant channels.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It's smart to stay on one side of the service so you have that going for you Peter. It's just a better value to have the family plan.

BTW, coming up to Lake Geneva in a cpl weeks. I'm excited to see it.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
It's smart to stay on one side of the service so you have that going for you Peter. It's just a better value to have the family plan.

BTW, coming up to Lake Geneva in a cpl weeks. I'm excited to see it.

Lake Geneva is great. Just got back from a conference there a few weeks ago. Very nice place. Stayed at the Abbey Resort.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
A little bit like Lake George. But upstate NY has some pretty decent sized mountains.

I like the scenery in upstate NY more, but I like the Midwestern personalities a more. It's a refreshing change from the East Coast.

I canceled my Sirius last week as well. I wasnt using the Backseat TV since I now have internet in the truck (and can watch full satellite via Slingbox while driving) and was listening to the XM built into my truck which sounds better then the external sirius which was going through the FM modulator.

When I called I was very happy with the service, they asked why I was canceling and told them I have XM built into the truck and have the best of Sirius Pacakge, and they were like ok that cool, we will take care of this for you no problem, thank for calling.

Very pleasing customer service call with the folks at Sirius.

Someone might want my Backseat TV Sirius Tuner, and I would happily give it to someone who could use it, however I dont know if I can get the dual antennas off my roof without distroying them. The dealer installed it and they took the cables through near7 the sunroof.

If Tom sells these antennas then I wouldnt mind sending it to someone who will actually use it. Its great for people with kids.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
The only reason that I haven't cancelled yet is the NFL and NASCAR, but as soon as one or both of these go away, so will I. I do NOT listen to the music channels since the merger as they have gone to crap.

Way to go ruining a good service pre-merger.