Dinger gets locked up!

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
He's got the contract with Petty...now all he needs is a sponsor. I don't think his present sponsorship even finishes this season. Sure hope it all works out.

tsschmitten

Nov 13, 2008
Max Meadows,VA
That's great for A.J.! Now to get him a full time sponsor for next year! Just to point out to SubMike, A.J. is the one who walked away from a 1 year deal at Red Bull on the belief he had all but sealed up a deal to drive the #41 Target car for Ganassi this year but that fell apart.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
That's great for A.J.! Now to get him a full time sponsor for next year! Just to point out to SubMike, A.J. is the one who walked away from a 1 year deal at Red Bull on the belief he had all but sealed up a deal to drive the #41 Target car for Ganassi this year but that fell apart.

The Ganassi thing and he wanted to be signed to more than a 1 year contract. I can't really blame the guy and it worked out in the end for him. Though it could have backfired and he'd be on the sidelines this year.

tsschmitten

Nov 13, 2008
Max Meadows,VA
The Ganassi thing and he wanted to be signed to more than a 1 year contract. I can't really blame the guy and it worked out in the end for him. Though it could have backfired and he'd be on the sidelines this year.

I totally agree that he wanted more than a 1 year deal, but it wasn't like Red Bull wasn't going to bring him back this year! I don't blame him either, he is now able to show his ability and it is paying off for him, unlike Amirola and Kvapil! Hope his team continues to gel and get better as the year goes on!!

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
AJ took a chance leaving Reb Bull and it payed off. it coulda went either way....
Yeah I always though Almirola was over rater. However, I think Travis, given the chance and better equipment could have a half decent cup career. If Menard didn't have his parents money he wouldn't be drive the other Yates car right now.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
If I remember right...Red Bull wasn't going to keep him, at least in a sponsored car, Scott Speed was moved in and Red Bull was only going to sponsor Vickers and Speed.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
If I remember right...Red Bull wasn't going to keep him, at least in a sponsored car, Scott Speed was moved in and Red Bull was only going to sponsor Vickers and Speed.

You remember incorrectly. The previous poster had it right when he said RBR offered him a 1 year deal and AJ turned it down. And why the hell not? He had a stretch of 25 decent races after DNQing 5 in a row. I dont blame RBR for trying to play both sides. Hindsight has dictated that RBR made the wrong move, but youll have that as they say.