Digital Cable

Discussion in 'Cable & Video' started by SSF, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Davis

Davis Member

:rofl2: You lose. At least I didn't reprogram my remotes. :rofl2:
  2. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

And don't get me started on the confusion that I cause myself when I use the Cox remote for controlling Howard TV and also use the pause/rew functions on the Tivo remote!
  3. Davis

Davis Member

I have one HDDVR and one HD box. I often try to pause the HD box and bring up the guide, thus pausing, the HDDVR box. It makes me so mad but then I just laugh.
  4. SSF

SSF Member

I have Comcast digital cable and really can't complain. I have an HD STB with HDMI. It was a real headache getting one of these without having DVR! I signed up for the Triple Play package and had a technician who properly wired the phone service. I haven't had any problems with the VOIP once.
  5. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

Me too.
  6. TheHardFive

TheHardFive New Member

I have Timeworser(Warner) cable. All-in-One package with HD DVR and SD DVR. I love tv but really can't stand Timewarner for a bunch of reasons.
    oh by the way I love this site. hope to contribute often!!!
  7. SSF

SSF Member

How do people feel about FIOS? I have heard/read mixed reviews. I guess that could apply to every cable service though. Prior to Comcast I was a DirecTV and even earlier, DISH subscriber. If Sat. TV had true On Demand capability I probably would have not made the switch.
  8. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I have a few friends with FiOS. Most people think it is pretty decent. But it usually takes at least a half day or more to do the install. Plus, it's the phone company...so the support will be so-so, and you'll get nickeled and dimed to death with fees and surcharges.
  9. MM

MM Administrator

I started a thread about that here:

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/satellite-cable/135-fios-users.html

I love FiOS BTW. :)
  10. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I'm not hating on you, but here in Central Ohio, we've had HD for quite a few years now. To just have it going on now is sad.

I used to have digital cable, but recently switched to AT&T...they compete with Verizon's FIOS service. Went from like ~25 or so HD channels to almost 40, with a lot more coming next week (or so i've heard.)

I miss MOJO HD, but i've heard that is coming to AT&T.
  11. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Don't start missing Mojo HD too much...it's supposedly going away at the end of the year.
  12. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger