Did they announce the rat's name today?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
They came back form commercial to the whooor Kendra just as I was getting to work this AM - had too much going on so I didn't get to listen to the live stream. And I'm not going to get to hear the rest of the replay when I switch over to Bubber at 3pm, so tell me... did they announce who the rat was on the show today?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I was listening in my house between 7-8:15 am central time til I got on the train for work. when I got to work, by 9 am, they had already announced it. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but if you're listening to the replay now on H100, it should be announced within the next hour.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I was listening in my house between 7-8:15 am central time til I got on the train for work. when I got to work, by 9 am, they had already announced it. I'm not gonna spoil it for you, but if you're listening to the replay now on H100, it should be announced within the next hour.

I'll be over on 101... go ahead an spoil it!!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Haha - awesome. JD will be smug for weeks, I am sure.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
order of events.

- listener emailed JD about Pete the intern being at the strip club with Ronnie.
- JD emailed it to a group list that contains like 20 people saying "Hah - Ronnie hanging out at Ricks with Medicated Pete. Ha Ha - that's awkward"
- one person on that list - apparently Jared - emailed Ronnie over the weekend to warn him that he could be in trouble

The "rat" part comes in from that information leaking out to the participants, meaning that if Howard wanted to fuck with Ronnie about it, he couldn't anymore because he got a heads-up about it.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
I still don't understand "what" was even being ratted about?

A listener sent JD an email about Medicated Pete hanging out with Ronnie at Rick's. JD checked with the intern supervisor to make sure it was OK to talk about on the air. Once she said yes, he forwarded copies of the email to the people on the show's "Guys" list (made up of people who need to know the schedule of what's planned for the show). The next day (a Friday, so some of the staff wasn't working) someone from that list approached Ronnie, told him about the email and suggested that his behavior with an intern might have consequences. Ronnie got mad because he thought JD was trying to get him fired and Howard got angry because he felt the info that is passed around the "Guys" group should remain confidential until he decides to make it public.

Oops, looks like jef beat me to it (and in a more concise response).

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
order of events.

- listener emailed JD about Pete the intern being at the strip club with Ronnie.
- JD emailed it to a group list that contains like 20 people saying "Hah - Ronnie hanging out at Ricks with Medicated Pete. Ha Ha - that's awkward"
- one person on that list - apparently Jared - emailed Ronnie over the weekend to warn him that he could be in trouble

The "rat" part comes in from that information leaking out to the participants, meaning that if Howard wanted to fuck with Ronnie about it, he couldn't anymore because he got a heads-up about it.

Really?? That's it?? And this has been going on for a week now?

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Is it just me or is this "policy" about hanging out with interns a little over the top? I understand if you are talking about a 19 year old girl, but Pete is in his early 30's.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
There was no "rat" . There was a "leak"...Jared leaked the totally unimportant news to Ronnie that someone had spotted Ronnie at Ricks with a 35 year old intern (WGAS? WGAF?). Howard pressed Ronnie to reveal his source. Had Ronnie "ratted" on Jared, he would have been a rat. Somehow Howard has redefined "rat" to be someone who leaks infomation to another to protect that person... someone who is quite the opposite of a rat...

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
There was no "rat" . There was a "leak"...Jared leaked the totally unimportant news to Ronnie that someone had spotted Ronnie at Ricks with a 35 year old intern (WGAS? WGAF?). Howard pressed Ronnie to reveal his source. Had Ronnie "ratted" on Jared, he would have been a rat. Somehow Howard has redefined "rat" to be someone who leaks infomation to another to protect that person... someone who is quite the opposite of a rat...

My thoughts exactly! I see no problem with somebody warning someone else that they may catch some shit. What a week long non-segment this was. Glad I was flying all week.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
My thoughts exactly! I see no problem with somebody warning someone else that they may catch some shit. What a week long non-segment this was. Glad I was flying all week.

Problem is, it's the Stern show - it's all about catching shit. Warning someone puts us off on a week-long tangent...

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Problem is, it's the Stern show - it's all about catching shit. Warning someone puts us off on a week-long tangent...

Sad that there is REAL drama going on with people like Bubba's and Ellis' contracts and Stern focuses on BS. He should be ripping into sirius management daily.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Radio Gold.....not.

I'm so glad I don't listen much, if any at all, anymore.

This sounds pretty pathetic.

Who the fuck is Jared in comparison to Howard Stern? Why is this making the air? Did they even talk about Bubber's rant?