Did Howard really invent chickens doing sports picks?

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
This seems like a general idea that anyone could've come up with. I don't believe Leno ripped this off from anyone. Howard is in the wrong here.

The sad thing is that he was ripping on Jackie and his claim to have invented the terms "oral" and "anal." I agree it's stupid but can't he see he does the same thing?

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
it's all ridiculous filler material...george or no george there've been very few high points so far this week

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I agree. Usually George weeks are great. Not that George is to blame for the shitty week but it's a three day week. He did it half-assed.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Sup par week for sure so far. George has been the only highlight. And that Artie prank call where he calls in sick and the guy has no clue who he is. Thats about it.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I dunno, I'm never big on guests. I prefer when they just shoot the shit with each other. But thats more personal preference.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I agree. Ball busting is great. Today's long segment with that intern who has tourette's was overkill. I had to turn it off after 10 minutes.

There's still one more day left. Hopefully the Hulk Hogan ain't tomorrow's guest. Horrible guest.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Oh come on.

This was clearly a stolen bit from the Show. I have never heard any other show, beit a comedy based morning show or a serious based sports show ever have a chicken pick football teams. This is a clear ripoff.

I know Leno is a real hotbutton issue with HOward but with this one, he is on the money.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Vegas, really? You're joking or do you only listen to Stern. These kind of things have been done before. It's a joke for Howard to think he came up with that.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Anyone think Leno does these things to piss off Howard just for fun because he know he'll flip his lid? That thought's crossed my mind before.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I couldn't pin point when Howard is to have invented this bit, but I have heard of people saying that their dogs or their children could pick games better than Jimmy the Greek...that has to be back in the early to mid 80's. I'm not saying that anyone ever did the bit, but the concept is as old as the hills.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Because Howard is too much of a pussy to ever sue anyone for stealing one of his alleged ideas, it doesn't even matter if Howard came up with something first anymore. He can whine all he wants, he has no teeth, and he's made Jay a lot of money, Jay would be stupid to stop stealing from Howard (if he's stealing at all, which is a dubious claim on a lot of points, at best).

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I agree with Vargas. Even if Howard didn't come up with a chicken making sports picks, the only reason Leno is doing it is because Howard did it first. The only question in my mind is if Leno is actively ripping off Howard, or if someone or some people on Leno's staff are ripping off Howard by pitching the ideas to Leno, and Leno ignorantly goes with it.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I agree with Vargas. Even if Howard didn't come up with a chicken making sports picks, the only reason Leno is doing it is because Howard did it first. The only question in my mind is if Leno is actively ripping off Howard, or if someone or some people on Leno's staff are ripping off Howard by pitching the ideas to Leno, and Leno ignorantly goes with it.

Eh, maybe so...maybe Jay likes tweaking Howard because he knows he's an easy target and that he can get him riled up by blatantly taking what he wants from him all the while turning a deaf ear towards the satellite repeaters. It's not the mid 90's anymore, Howard's fans aren't going to sway public opinion or make celebrities extend the olive branch or peace pipe towards Howard's domain in an effort to stop the pestering. In other words, Jay has carte blanche to do whatever he wants in relation to Howard...and that is upsetting to Howard, which is why he is fixated on Jay's career.