Did Artie just say "it doesn't skip when you run"...

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
He's right. Mine doesn't skip, or cut out unless the earbud wire is pulled while running. I did notice that while running on a treadmill, the placement of the ipod is key. Placed on the treadmill, it does cut out - until you make contact with the side handles. In your pocket or strapped to your arm, it is fine. Kinda weird.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Artie has no business running. He's far to overweight. Anyone that obese should be doing non-impact aerobics (cycling, swimming, etc.) until they get to a healthier weight. But since he's lying, I'm not worried.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
He's right. Mine doesn't skip, or cut out unless the earbud wire is pulled while running. I did notice that while running on a treadmill, the placement of the ipod is key. Placed on the treadmill, it does cut out - until you make contact with the side handles. In your pocket or strapped to your arm, it is fine. Kinda weird.

Sounds like some kind of short is going on there. Weird.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Sounds like some kind of short is going on there. Weird.

That's what I originally thought. Either that, or a headphone problem. After swapping out the headphones without success, I put the ipod in my pocket while running, which eliminated the problem.

Perhaps my negative energy was causing some kind of interference. ;)

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
That's what I originally thought. Either that, or a headphone problem. After swapping out the headphones without success, I put the ipod in my pocket while running, which eliminated the problem.

Perhaps my negative energy was causing some kind of interference. ;)

I threw this one around my office, and the best thing we could come up with is you're generating a static charge. When you touch the hand rails, you ground yourself and the charge goes there. When you don't, the charge tries to go through the headphone wire, shorting it out a bit.

Someone here also said the electric field of the treadmill motor could be doing something too.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
I threw this one around my office, and the best thing we could come up with is you're generating a static charge. When you touch the hand rails, you ground yourself and the charge goes there. When you don't, the charge tries to go through the headphone wire, shorting it out a bit.

Someone here also said the electric field of the treadmill motor could be doing something too.

LOL Thanks. That makes sense, as when I touch the handrail, the cutting out stops. I think it would be simpler to just stop exercising!