Did anybody watch the letterman show?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
did he BASH leno like he said he was going too? Or was it more on point with Claires call?

I will try to find it on youtube on lunch, unless someone else has found it.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
thanks. they just played the first segment, and I gotta admit, it was pretty good. He actually sounded like he had energy :churn:

5thstreet

Dec 31, 2008
Minetto, NY
I watched the whole show. Howard's appearence "was just ok for me, dog". Seemed like Howard was just doing his radio show at high speed. He didn't really interact with Dave at all, he just steamrollered him.

I laughed more in the first 5 min of the Craig Ferguson Show that followed immedately after.

To the OP, you didn't miss much.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It didn't seem like Dave wanted to leave to me. I thought it was usual Dave schitck. He always seems like that to me.

It was an OK appearance. He did seem full of energy.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I thought Howard was really good. Loved seeing how uncomfortable Letterman looked when Howard was talking about the new late night ratings war.

How many guests could carry three segments? How many guests would Letterman allow to do three segments?

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I thought Howard was really good.

Agreed. Dave seemed glad to have Howard on, instead of looking somewhat embarassed as he has during some previous guest appearances. I'm baffled by the complaints in this thread...I enjoyed the show and thought it was funny and entertaining.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Agreed. Dave seemed glad to have Howard on, instead of looking somewhat embarassed as he has during some previous guest appearances. I'm baffled by the complaints in this thread...I enjoyed the show and thought it was funny and entertaining.

Welcome to the Howard forum at Digital Radio Central. If there wasn't any complaints I would be baffled. Howard could give everyone in the world a cool million tax free and there would still be complaints. :smug:

Last edited:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
at least he looks better than this appearance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1X5cQ1ymnQ&feature=related]YouTube - Howard Stern on Late Night w/ David Letterman[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I thought the appearance was good.

Howard took over and ranted on whatever, Letterman brings him back with a quick one liner and then they move on to the next topic and repeat the process.

Howard was interesting, funny and had good energy. Yantra plus Mantra equals tantra.

Plus, I don't think ANYBODY EVER gets THREE SEGMENTS on Letterman.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
Thumbs up here. With all the praise that Howard was giving Dave, and the appreciation Dave showed back, I don't know how anyone could say Dave looked like he didn't want to be there. Howard has set the standard pretty high with his appearances on the show. Last appearance he hit it out of the park. This one, an inside the park home run.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Thumbs up here. With all the praise that Howard was giving Dave, and the appreciation Dave showed back, I don't know how anyone could say Dave looked like he didn't want to be there. Howard has set the standard pretty high with his appearances on the show. Last appearance he hit it out of the park. This one, an inside the park home run.

My remarks were based on the older appearances. Compared to past Stern appearances, Letterman seems sleepy during this one. It's not a complaint, just an observation.