Detroit Auto Show

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
Is anyone going to the Detroit Auto Show I plan on going this Sunday 18th to check out the new Lacrosse and Taurus. I am glad to see Ford get back into the Taurus more. Also I plan on Live blogging it on the TSS-Radio Blog, and I will have a TON of photos up on Monday. If anyone is going there on Sunday let me know!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Is anyone going to the Detroit Auto Show I plan on going this Sunday 18th to check out the new Lacrosse and Taurus. I am glad to see Ford get back into the Taurus more. Also I plan on Live blogging it on the TSS-Radio Blog, and I will have a TON of photos up on Monday. If anyone is going there on Sunday let me know!
The wife and I will be there Monday morning - the weekends are generally a madhouse, so I just take a day off of work to avoid the huge crowds. Not that weekdays are empty, but there is usually a bit more breathing room.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Yea, Sunday is the only day I can go. Thanks for the warning though....much appreciated
No worries - didn't intend to scare you away :) Used to be I could really only get away with going on weekends, too. I'm not a big car guy, in that engines and mechanical stuff hasn't been something I like to mess with. But I appreciate what goes into making one from an engineering standpoint, and also from a design standpoint. The cool thing about the NAIAS is that pretty much everyone from guys like me to motorheads are covered at the show (though getting up close and under the hood of the Lambo's and the like is usually off limits).

Have fun - looking forward to your pics - I'll probably post some of what I take, too, somewhere.

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
Thanks jef I have never been to this show. I used to goto the "Mopar Happening" which was at the Belvidere IL Chrysler Plant many years ago, but nothing this big. I'm pretty excited about it.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'll snag a few images, too, for anyone that wants them. I would imagine between the 2 of us we could come up with something worthwhile. I tend to be a snap-a-holic, which my wife is used to, so it won't be unlike any normal trip I take with a camera.

I'll see if I can get a few booth babes, too ;-)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cool pix! Thanks.

The VW display is sweet. It's cooler than their cars.:rolleyes:

The Dodge Circuit was pretty sweet.
I'm going to try to hang on to my car for a couple more years in hopes that the electrics become cooler and more in line (cost-wise) with gas engines.