dead sl2 wont recover

derocomgraphics

Nov 19, 2009
i was driving other day radio started to skip.. then reset to recovery message.. i\when i got home i called sirius they walked me thru recovery process.. everythng was fine that night next day it worked for about an hour then randomly reset to white dog logo.. all i get is a flash of the dog logo then a blank screen. I have tried the recovery process numerous times with no luck. Am i screwed?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
i was driving other day radio started to skip.. then reset to recovery message.. i\when i got home i called sirius they walked me thru recovery process.. everythng was fine that night next day it worked for about an hour then randomly reset to white dog logo.. all i get is a flash of the dog logo then a blank screen. I have tried the recovery process numerous times with no luck. Am i screwed?

I think so. yes.

IT sounds like the booting may be corrupt.

I hate to be that guy but have you taken the battery out and let it sit for a few minutes and then tried the recovery. Also, take out your installed memory card, if you have one.

derocomgraphics

Nov 19, 2009
i have tried the display options/power trick with battery no battery, ac cord, nothing works. is there another way to recover other than the sirius method that connects to the internet?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
i have tried the display options/power trick with battery no battery, ac cord, nothing works. is there another way to recover other than the sirius method that connects to the internet?

I don't honestly know. I had to do a recovery once and it took care of my issue.

IF anyone knows, they are on this board.

derocomgraphics

Nov 19, 2009
also no memory card. and sirius is absolutely no help.. i was wondering if there was a low level format or program that i could totally wipe the programming and reinstall the os.

derocomgraphics

Nov 19, 2009
i have tried to recover agin it goes thru entire process successfully except sl2 at end says cant find image and stays like that till i power cycle then it goes back to a blank screen.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
also no memory card. and sirius is absolutely no help.. i was wondering if there was a low level format or program that i could totally wipe the programming and reinstall the os.

I know sirius is no help.

let's be clear==when you say you've done the recovery, you are referring to the official "DEVICE RECOVERY" program that came on a disc with the SL2, right?

That has usually worked for most people. There haven't been too many bricked SL2's that I know of.

IF the device recovery program isn't working, then I'm not sure what to do.