Dave Matthews Band Radio - Another Single-Artist Channel

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Starting Monday, Dave Matthews Band will be taking over Jam On in celebration of their new album.... Who's happy? Who's disgusted? Who's happy Jam On is the one getting preempted? Who vomits in their mouth at the thought of 24/7 Dave Matthews Band?

I didn't catch from the promo how long it's lasting...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
disgusted, yes. But, selfishly, since I never listen to Jam_ON, I don't feel nearly as bad as if it were The Bridge.

I don't like Dave Matthews. I don't listen to Jam On. Selfishly I am also glad if it has to be a channel it would not be The Bridge.

I was hoping that the lack of single artist channels for a little while meant that they were reconsidering. I guess nobody showed up with a suitcase full of cash.

My condolences to all fans of Jam_on.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I love DMB...it's the perfect band to listen to with a few beers and just relaxing. I just wish it started two days earlier because I am going to a Phillies game Saturday...would have been great tailgating music!

the506

Long time lurker, but I just heard Stef announce it and had to register my disgust with this move.

I'm a regular Jam On listener...it's my preset #1...not so much because I'm a jam band fan, but a lot of my favorite bands do a lot of extended jams and get play there. But I absolutely hate DMB. I turn the channel whenever they come on.

At least it's only a week. But now I know how all the Bridge fans feel.

Reactions: Aaron

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I love DMB...it's the perfect band to listen to with a few beers and just relaxing. I just wish it started two days earlier because I am going to a Phillies game Saturday...would have been great tailgating music!

In the studio they're great. The live recordings sound like Dave swallowed a brillo pad and drank a bottle of Jack beforehand. I've heard the live shows are high energy, but his voice really takes away from that.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
First to the "fans" of "Jam-On" I really do know how you feel and I am sorry that they have taken away your favorite station, I hope the time will go by fast for you.....

We all have our favorit "artist/group/band" they give to us what we enjoy and for some crazy reason they go ahead and take away what we want. I was really hoping they finally understood their customers and started to treat us with respect - guess not
:no:

just a note from a "bridge" fan

Reactions: Aaron