Dark Horse rules for The Morning Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidpoole

Oct 18, 2008
Stanfield, NC
Here are the rules covering who can be a "dark horse" during our race picks, as set forth after our on-air rules caucus:

No driver is eligible to chosen as a dark horse on The Morning Drive if:
1. He has won a Sprint Cup championship in the past five seasons.
2. He qualified for the Chase in 2008.
3. He has won at least five races since the beginning of the 2006 season.
4. He has won a race at the track where that week’s race is being held since the start of the 2006 season.
NOTE: If a driver with dark horse status wins a race THIS season, he is immediately removed from eligibility for the rest of this year.

Under these rules, the following drivers ARE NOT eligible to be taken as dark horses:
All tracks
Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson (rule 1)
Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth, Denny Hamlin, Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kyle Busch (rule 2)
Kasey Kahne (rule 3)
Track by track (rule 4)
Daytona - Ryan Newman and Jamie McMurray
Dover -- Martin Truex Jr.
Infineon -- Juan Pablo Montoya
Lowe's -- Casey Mears
Talladega -- Brian Vickers

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
why is that, i'm pretty sure there are people here that call into the show. i'm sure they get tired of repeating the same thing over and over and i'm gonna be frank, people just don't have common sense these days.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I guess I find it silly for the same reason that you mentioned. The people here do call the show and already know the Poole rules. I think that we'll be hearing TMD repeat these same rules for the next 34 race weeks and this thread isn't going to do anything to stop that.

Pretty soon the TMD rules are going to rival the invisible NASCAR Rule Book but at least you can get your hands on the TMD rule book. :rolleyes:

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
honestly dp, if they didn't post it someone would come along and a bitch because it isn't posted. i don't blame them for "covering their ass" because we all know there is someone out there that will bitch just to bitch.

its a catch 22, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Friday's picks and dark horse show is the most boring and non entertaining show of the week. Is asking J Q Public what their "dark horse" picks are for a race such a big deal that rules are need for those choices? During the season i avoid the TMD on those days. There are much more interesting and compelling programming choices on sirius.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Maybe I'm the only one, but I like fan picks and to know why they pick the people they pick...:)

Some people just vote for their favorite drivers, but others can picked based on who's good at what tracks. Picking a first time winner is cool, too...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.