Dare we speculate on how long it will take for new logo's?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm excited about the new channel line up because it is kind of like having a new service to explore but I wonder how long it will take SiriusXM to give us updated channel logos and new voicetags for the new channels. Yikes.

Considering Lithium was around for almost a year before we got that one straight, I shudder to think how long 30 new logos and voicetags will take.

Ladies and Gentlemen----Place your bets.

I say March of 2009.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Well if you have a Stiletto 100 or 10, I doubt we'll ever get new channel logos. Ever since the SL2 came out, seems as though Sirius has forgotten about us.

petteri

Oct 12, 2008
Well, I say the only chance we have of getting these sooner rather than later (or never!) is of someone from XM's tech dept. survived the merger and wanders though the SIRIUS labs and happens to pick up a portable. The XM folks seem to actually care about these types of issues.

Other than that, I'm not holding my breath!

SRM59

Oct 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
When the Stiletto 3 comes out.

No, that's when the SL2 owners join the ranks of the forgotten. :p

It would be nice it they release a utility that allowed us to do these things on our own. Let us create our own wallpapers, and logos. Then they could relieve themselves of the responsibility.

plb139

Oct 15, 2008
Email Sirius

I emailed Sirius last night about why it has to take so long when the Inno updates at real time. Maybe it would help if everyone emailed or called to ask them about it. Maybe something would get done.

I know it's a long shot, but the more who do it, the less it could hurt.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll take care of it.

If the XM portables had friggin' wifi access, i'd look into one of those with Best of Sirius, especially if I could get Sirius 125.

flowerfeeder

Oct 15, 2008
I'm one of the last S50 listeners I'm sure. I'm still on my original S50 purchased in Dec. '05. Listen to the Stern Show everyday on it.

I don't expect to ever get new logos. I'm surprised we got the Lithium one a while back.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll take care of it.

If the XM portables had friggin' wifi access, i'd look into one of those with Best of Sirius, especially if I could get Sirius 125.

I just called Sirius. Apparently, they know of this logo issue and are working on it, as well as several other issues. They even said they're getting a new system and this update should not require radios to re-boot. (XM's system???)

They said that if I go to Internet Radio on the Stiletto 2, access channel 9, it will be the NEW 90's on 9 channel and not the Pulse. If I want the Pulse on Internet Radio, I would want to access channel 12. (While this is not the best situation, it is a lot better than the channel 70/32 issue from a few years ago.)

They do know of the Lithium issue and I made it clear that we'd like to avoid a repeat.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I just called Sirius. Apparently, they know of this logo issue and are working on it, as well as several other issues. They even said they're getting a new system and this update should not require radios to re-boot. (XM's system???)

I've often wondered if the ability to do on the fly updates is something that Sirius system could support as XM's always has. If they could do this that would be a really huge improvement over what goes on now. I do think their current radios would likely require some sort of update to support on the fly updates though.

XM's system works GREAT as I've said in other threads. Within an hour of the channel updates last Wednesday, my XpressRC was downloading all the channel icons and wallpapers. It took it a couple of hours to get them all, but all I had to do was just leave my radio on. This is how it needs to be on the Sirius side too, because requiring ZAP updates to accomplish this is crazy. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if they actually had someone in house that could keep up and provide those updates in a timely manner, but Zing is the one that has created them in the past, but I am not so sure they are still working together as they once were.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've often wondered if the ability to do on the fly updates is something that Sirius system could support as XM's always has. If they could do this that would be a really huge improvement over what goes on now. I do think their current radios would likely require some sort of update to support on the fly updates though.

XM's system works GREAT as I've said in other threads. Within an hour of the channel updates last Wednesday, my XpressRC was downloading all the channel icons and wallpapers. It took it a couple of hours to get them all, but all I had to do was just leave my radio on. This is how it needs to be on the Sirius side too, because requiring ZAP updates to accomplish this is crazy. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if they actually had someone in house that could keep up and provide those updates in a timely manner, but Zing is the one that has created them in the past, but I am not so sure they are still working together as they once were.
Yeah, I remember Zing having the last round of updates fairly fast...

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio

Logos are so-o-o-o-o-o overrated.:drool: