Damn airlines!!!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I just got in to Spokane for work this week. Brand new customer, big possible contract, I mean big in the possible million dollar range. I was supposed to be here at 11, got here at 2 AM, not to big a deal, I can live short on sleep. But on top of that, they lost my Fing luggage!, All my good clothes, all my shaving cream, razors, everything. Right now I'm just wearing a T-shirt and jeans. I can't go in to a new customer in the same scuzzy clothes I wore all day today. The airlines sais maybe I can get it by 11am, if they can find it. I think my company will have to come up with a white lie so I can come in Tuesday instead of today. Not good, not good at all.:mad:

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Is this your first time traveling on business? I'm sorry that you lost your luggage but you did some piss-poor planning. IF you can't get away with packing everything in a carry-on (I only use a carry-on if it is a simple M-F trip) then you should ALWAYS wear clothes that you can wear to the office or pack a set in your carry-on. This should be a no-brainer!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Delay the meeting a couple of hours and run out and buy some new duds.
Blame the airline. The client will feel your pain and you'll have some good icebreaker chit chat.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Delay the meeting a couple of hours and run out and buy some new duds.
Blame the airline. The client will feel your pain and you'll have some good icebreaker chit chat.

What he said. I'm sure there's a Men's Wearhouse in Spokane.

But also like Biaviian posted, screw checking in baggage. Start thinking about doing the carry-on instead of paying the ridiculous prices the airlines charge for checking in your baggage.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Run out and buy the cheapest, loudest tie/sports coat/golf pants combo you can find. Tell them the airline lost your luggage. They'll remember you. There is no bad publicity.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I'm on my way to Dulles right now. Booked tickets to the wrong damned airport. I was thinking Dulles was Reagan now I have to drive an hour.

And I thought I was dumb for going to the wrong terminal twice in a row (I used to get Delta and United mixed up for some reason).

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
I hear there's a great music video on you tube called "United Breaks Guitars". It's a great rant on the airlines and their attitude.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I ended up wearing the same clothes I wore yesterday. it's not the type of job where I need a suit, but a nice collared shirt and belt is more acceptable. The guys on site got a good laugh about airlines crap. This is an engineering job right now. I wanted to leave a good impression, I think I did anyhow. Tommorrow I'm going to another site and got my stuff so I can be presentable. There is still a second half of the job where I will be installing and testing the equipment that I am planning on this job. That is when the impression really counts. So proper planning on my part will lead to a smooth job, which will lead to a lot more work. I'm sort of a jack of all trades, from blue collar istallation work, to white collar engineering and testing.

I think it's all good.:cool:

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
What he said. I'm sure there's a Men's Wearhouse in Spokane.

But also like Biaviian posted, screw checking in baggage. Start thinking about doing the carry-on instead of paying the ridiculous prices the airlines charge for checking in your baggage.

I usually have too much crap to not check. Though I could of gotten away with it this time. Just so used to checking I didn't even think about it. I've had pretty good luck for the most part, but this one not so much. I like having to just stick my laptop under the seat and going. Instead of looking for a spot for my carrry on and hitting half the people on the plane with it while I try to get it through. And if the flights full and I'm in a late boarding group, I have to check it anyway.