custom station problem

Kevin2500

Nov 12, 2008
clinton ohio
Earlier today i was listening to my custom station hair nation and everything seemed to be fine untill i got to the next song and it was the new york dolls and i said to my self i dont remember putting them on there. And i skipped them and meatloaf came up so somethin is not right. I tried taking off my custom station and putting it back and the artists are still there. I checked the fine tuning and the artist discovery is off.

Everything seems to be fine as i type this. If the artists that shouldn't be there pop up i'll be back. but its all cool for now.

Last edited:

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Earlier today i was listening to my custom station hair nation and everything seemed to be fine untill i got to the next song and it was the new york dolls and i said to my self i dont remember putting them on there. And i skipped them and meatloaf came up so somethin is not right. I tried taking off my custom station and putting it back and the artists are still there. I checked the fine tuning and the artist discovery is off.

Everything seems to be fine as i type this. If the artists that shouldn't be there pop up i'll be back. but its all cool for now.

You have the fifteen artist minimum added to your station right? Slacker's music licenses require them to pad out the channel with similar artists if you don't add fifteen when you make it, and sometimes the choices it makes about artists that are similar are just, well.... puzzling.

Double check that and your artist fine tuning settings, and if it still doesn't work I honestly have no idea. Maybe try adding a few more artists you know you like and see what happens?

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I'm having a couple of issues with my custom stations.
On one station, I chose an artist then decided that was not the place for him so I deleted the artist. After 6 refreshes, he is still on my channel.
On my other station, I'm still occasionally getting a Christmas tune that I have to skip by.
Otherwise it's going really well. I like the little gold heart that displays my requested songs. I think that started with the last update 1.9.26. Or maybe I've never noticed until now.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
And thus the return of the question of exactly how well refreshing the unit actually works as far as, deleting, adding, and fine tuning. Which pretty much covers everything refresh is actually supposed to do. Or should I say alluded to actually do but there is no hard documentation actually explaining what is done during a refresh.