Curtis!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Not living in NYC, I had no idea that the founder of the guardian angles was the Curtis from Curtis and Kuby. I thought Curtis and Kuby were really a ZOO crew type of morning show because, well, I've never heard them.

Also, I had no idea that he had been shot so many times and was really just so interesting.

This was a great interview from a person that I really knew nothing about. I learned something today.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Not living in NYC, I had no idea that the founder of the guardian angles was the Curtis from Curtis and Kuby. I thought Curtis and Kuby were really a ZOO crew type of morning show because, well, I've never heard them.

Also, I had no idea that he had been shot so many times and was really just so interesting.

This was a great interview from a person that I really knew nothing about. I learned something today.

He is also a damn good radio guy as well.

I never knew that Kommie Kuby testified for the defense when Curtis was shot

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)

I didn't know this either. I liked this interview as well. charlie murphy is always a great guest, so between those two, you have a really good show today.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
He is also a damn good radio guy as well.

I never knew that Kommie Kuby testified for the defense when Curtis was shot

Curtis, in my opinion, is colorful but basically an asshole. Curtis was good with Kuby because Curtis would spout his internet-style right wing distortions and prejudices and Kuby would counter them facts. When Kuby got kicked out, Curtis was left to spew his venom without check. His idea of humor is to mispronounce the name of someone he dislikes. It is true Kuby is a left wing guy but mostly on the labor issues...For instance, when the NYC Transit struck, he called the people who drove into work "scabs". Otherwise, he has become much more moderate in recent years. As for testifyng for the defense in the Curtis trial, he was subpoened. You cannot refuse to appear when you are subpoenaed in a criminal trial. Once he appeared, what was he supposed to do...lie? Not if you want to remain a lawyer.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Curtis, in my opinion, is colorful but basically an asshole. Curtis was good with Kuby because Curtis would spout his internet-style right wing distortions and prejudices and Kuby would counter them facts. When Kuby got kicked out, Curtis was left to spew his venom without check. His idea of humor is to mispronounce the name of someone he dislikes. It is true Kuby is a left wing guy but mostly on the labor issues...For instance, when the NYC Transit struck, he called the people who drove into work "scabs". He has become much more moderate in recent years. As for testifyng for the defense in the Curtis trial, he was subpoened. You cannot refuse to appear when you are subpoenaed in a criminal trial. Once he appeared, what was he supposed to do...lie? Not if you want to remain a lawyer.

:rofl: He is a real man of the people :rolleyes:

I agree, Curtis is a handful, but he is entertaining.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I would occasionally listen to Curtis when he had his late night WABC show and I found him to be a little more fair and not as unhinged as the other WABC hosts were/are (Rush, Hannity, Levin, etc).