Current Events Sub-forum?

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
I know years ago, we had a Political Asylum and we all know how that went down and now we can talk about current events, as long we don't talk about politics in it. So I'm wondering, we have a few topics going on in the Studio Lounge and not to get them lost or anything, can I suggest creating a "Current Event" sub-forum for them?

Ebola Outbreak | Digital Radio Central
When The Pledge Comes On, Shut The ****up | Digital Radio Central
Same-sex Marriage | Digital Radio Central
The Police Thread | Digital Radio Central

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Yep. To be honest I don't know why anyone needs software help to ignore things. I just don't go into threads I don't give a shit about. Some people can't do that.

So sub forum away my good man.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I know years ago, we had a Political Asylum and we all know how that went down and now we can talk about current events, as long we don't talk about politics in it. So I'm wondering, we have a few topics going on in the Studio Lounge and not to get them lost or anything, can I suggest creating a "Current Event" sub-forum for them?

Ebola Outbreak | Digital Radio Central
When The Pledge Comes On, Shut The ****up | Digital Radio Central
Same-sex Marriage | Digital Radio Central
The Police Thread | Digital Radio Central
That's pretty much what the Lounge is for. If something gets lost, it's not current anymore.
No. Someone will whine because they can't ignore them.

Sent from my iPad Mini
Give it a rest.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
That's pretty much what the Lounge is for. If something gets lost, it's not current anymore.
I understand and appreciate that, I just thought of maybe creating some other sub-forum. To me the Lounge we talk about literally just about anything in it. Just maybe separate a few threads, into a new sub-forum about major current events a mini-version of the political asylum and plus it kinda helps keeps the place clean and organize.

We asked for an NHL forum and it took a couple of years to finally got one. Some tried asking for a App Forum and it didn't fly and now maybe this?

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This thread is fuggin amazing!!!

I'm not sure I can add to the awesomeness.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
There aren't so many threads in the Studio Lounge that one would lose track of a certain thread. If we had 100 threads a day and that Ebola thread you wanted to comment on was suddenly on page 6, I can see a problem. But unless you clock out for a month, I think the Studio Lounge topics are visible and manageable without a current event sub-forum. So I vote no. Just my three cents (mods get an extra penny to throw around).

Reactions: HecticArt

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Like Casual said, that's what the Studio Lounge is for. I would say it's for everything off-topic but then a lot of threads would have to be moved there. :p