Cup driver fails drug test.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Speed said there was going to be a news conference at 6pm Eastern, but so far they haven't said anything. I thought they might cover it live.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Ya I was reading this on Nascars site. He's not the only one either.. So did Tony Martin, a crewman on the No. 34 Sprint Cup team of driver Tony Raines, and Ben Williams, a crew member with the No. 16 Nationwide Series team of Roush Fenway Racing.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
His statement said it may have been a combination of perscribed medication and over the counter meds mixed together. I laugh at the absurdidy of that statement. I would think Nascar would do some research into what he tested positive for and ruled out a perscription medication upon investigation. There is obviously more to the situation than that.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
They said on the Sirius show tonight before the race that Nascar won't announce what it was to the public, so obviously they know what it was. I am sure if it was prescribed they would look into this harder before the penalty came down...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Nascar won't announce what it was to the public,

This is the kind of thing that TICKS me off! What's the reason for not saying what Mayfield failed for? It should be made public.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I said it when Moody insisted on having him come on the show regularly and give his wonderful and insightful:bs: commentary, and I'll say it again...................he is a :loser:!!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Easy Money, that was such a BORING post! :p (j/k)

Well, he's done for the year for sure.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Well I will wait and see what happens. They are working on getting his whole thing straightened out and he said it was prescription mixed with over the counter meds, so with that being said, weather he is being honest or not, I am going to wait til it is all settled before bashing the guy.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
I think he actually didn't fail a drug test. This is all a media campaign to take the focus of recent attention off Jr. and put it elsewhere.:scared:

(tongue planted firmly in cheek):2funny:

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
This is the kind of thing that TICKS me off! What's the reason for not saying what Mayfield failed for? It should be made public.

But why make it public? Nascar has a list of banned substances, someone tested positive for something on the list. Wouldn't it be more useful to publish the list of banned substances instead?