Crew chiefs scared straight!

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It'll never stop.

Hasn't that always been the case or are you just being sarcastic?

You're right thats always been the case. I wasn't really being sarcastic. Just stating the obvious.
NASCAR will catch up soon then the cycle will continue.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
For about as long as I can remember @ Daytona each year they had a table set up with all of the illegal pieces and parts for all to see. Whoever was broadcasting the race always made it a point of showing the viewers different items that were confiscated from various teams. I can't remember a year when some cup team wasn't fined or penalized coming out of Daytona. There's no doubt someone is going to get busted for something at some point this season but it does seem like teams have gotten the message over the past couple of years with the increased fines and suspensions.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I wonder....if Jimmie keeps having trouble.....or gets into a big slump.....

How long before the return of "cheatin' Chad"? :rolleyes:

JohnBrowning

Dec 19, 2008
Ocracoke, NC
For about as long as I can remember @ Daytona each year they had a table set up with all of the illegal pieces and parts for all to see. Whoever was broadcasting the race always made it a point of showing the viewers different items that were confiscated from various teams. I can't remember a year when some cup team wasn't fined or penalized coming out of Daytona. There's no doubt someone is going to get busted for something at some point this season but it does seem like teams have gotten the message over the past couple of years with the increased fines and suspensions.

Its kind of sleazy that they stopped that. Remember when Michael Waltrip said he'd tell the world what was in his fuel? Nada. NASCAR hushed it up, too.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't think that they've made a conscious effort not to show illegal parts. I think that there is nothing to see. The whole point of the article was that they may have finally hit the $ mark that is curbing some of the cheating. Are you saying that they are letting the teams get away with cheating and that's why they are no longer displaying these items?

I don't remember hearing MW say that he'd tell the world anything about what was in his fuel. Besides, what would it matter if we new or not?